Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford Hot Rod Pickup

My first time deviating from a OOB build. Didn't know how this contraption was going to turn out. I guess it's ok, but I know it was fun. I widened the rear axle housing to get the wide tires on without them rubbing the bed, I cut the metal axle in half using it on each side. Wheels will not roll, but that's ok by me. The instructions alluded to a drag version that's similiar, but I wanted a street rod so went with the wide street tires from the 67 Chevelle Pro Street kit. I had to do some building up on the inside wheels to make them fit. I did use the custom engine from the kit, just dechromed the block and intake. I had to make a rod for the front to mount the radiator, this caused it to be too far forward for the hood to work, which I was going to use the top part of the hood without the sides but I am ok like it is. All comments welcome. 

_IGP0304.jpg

_IGP0305.jpg

_IGP0311.jpg

_IGP0313.jpg

_IGP0314.jpg

_IGP0319.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, espo said:

Turned out great looking. The fun thing when building a kit like this is just do it the way you want and don't worry about following any stinking instructions. 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Zippi said:

Now that's a Hot Rod James.  Turned out great.  I like the tool box and gas can in the back.

Thanks Bob.

10 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Cool little hauler there James, nice joib👍

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Olskoolrodder said:

Cool looking truck! :D 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 2:03 PM, alexis said:

Great Build. Your Colour choice works well on this truck. You have a sharp little Hot Rod there.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, bisc63 said:

It has a certain attitude in its stance that just smacks of "Hot Rod". Very cool. No chopped top, no anything over-done, like anyone might have built on a budget in the 60s or early 70s. I dig it!

Thank you.

One super little hot rod truck.  Beautiful color choice and that BBF should really make it haul.  My only suggestion would be to split the flame decals along the door line. A careful cut with sharp X-acto, little bit of micro-set, then some micro-sol should get it to look like they are painted on. Still one mighty fine little hauler.

16 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

One super little hot rod truck.  Beautiful color choice and that BBF should really make it haul.  My only suggestion would be to split the flame decals along the door line. A careful cut with sharp X-acto, little bit of micro-set, then some micro-sol should get it to look like they are painted on. Still one mighty fine little hauler.

Thanks much. I see what you saying, I'll see if I can split them.