Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 1/24/2023 at 1:42 PM, dragstk said:

Do you rattle can the Tamiya paint or do you decant it and then air brush?

Care to do a tutorial on your technique?

Black paint jobs are done with a rattle can.

64 Nova thread has some info.

Edited by Cool Hand

So as always when idea's get the better of me, I dig a kit out of the stash and start the process of sussing out the idea.

Purchased a few of this particular kit cheap from Aldi and I still cant believe they sell kits every now and then.

jOSitXM.jpg

Have been wanting to do a 70's style Lowrider for awhile and thought these wheels would suit.

WefL5ag.jpg

After a few hours of some serious mods to the undercarriage the stance is close to where im happy with it. Im not concerned with chassis details, this build is all about the top side visual.

EHC5Shd.jpg

mGViENJ.jpg

l6GP49S.jpg

Still need to adjust and finalize the wheel center positions, also the track width will come in a bit.

b2qdgwG.jpg

fuz5o22.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cool Hand said:

Purchased a few of this particular kit cheap from Aldi and I still cant believe they sell kits every now and then.

I wish Aldi sold kits here - would make getting groceries less tedious 🤪

Great start - love that low-low stance!

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:00 PM, Cool Hand said:

So as always when idea's get the better of me, I dig a kit out of the stash and start the process of sussing out the idea.

jOSitXM.jpg

Have been wanting to do a 70's style Lowrider for awhile and thought these wheels would suit.

WefL5ag.jpg

After a few hours of some serious mods to the undercarriage the stance is close to where im happy with it. Im not concerned with chassis details, this build is all about the top side visual.

EHC5Shd.jpg

mGViENJ.jpg

l6GP49S.jpg

Still need to adjust and finalize the wheel center positions, also the track width will come in a bit.

b2qdgwG.jpg

fuz5o22.jpg

Wicked awesome stance, love it!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

One thing that shines through throughout this thread is the outstanding photography.  Care to share what you typically do for lighting?

Thanks, I always try to make sure my pictures are clear, clutter free and in focus.

Nothing special for lighting, the room I build in has dual overhead 1200mm L.E.D light batten's. Complete over kill for the size of the room, but I set it up that way so I would not need bench top lighting.

Sometimes idea's lead to finding a style of build I like, which can get out of hand.

Dug another kit of the stash, also another cheapy from Aldi. 

M2QjBAQ.jpg

Again using same wheels. Mini T's, but I previously forgot to mention I used 1311 DZs tyre.

DnQsDnn.jpg

MX84s8J.jpg

And once again after a couple hours the undercarriage detail was sacrificed to get it nice and low.

F9Ly0iq.jpg

BggbNk0.jpg

GM8zIQo.jpg

KGWesp8.jpg

yZNUFqY.jpg

Not as cool as the Camaro. But I like it being different. 

And yeah, one more kit planned to be built the same style, more on that one soon.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slotto said:

Wish the Aldi near me had models

Its great as they are half the asking price of kits sellers else where in Australia. But they only get them in every now and then, maybe once a year and you have to be quick because of people like me that will buy 3 or 4 of each kit 😄

Edited by Cool Hand

This 68 Chevelle was the first build idea I had to use the Pegasus Mini T's with 1311 DZ tyres. But it got painted before setting the stance.

So now the paint is fully cured I set about roughing in the stance. Few adjustments needed, just loose mock up for now

L0IvELj.jpg

9dwm353.jpg

x6PiTRJ.jpg

xp9mYoR.jpg

Im not concerned about the undercarriage detail it will never be seen once its in the display case and on the shelf. So the stance is what matters with these recent lowered builds.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:05 AM, Can-Con said:

Dude,!!

Yeah dude!!

I seen that whilst searching.

And had full intentions of doing a lowered 69 Camaro on wire wheels as a future build. But seeing those pics in my thread got me inspired and motivated..

So I dug out another Aldi Camaro kit from the stash and went to work setting the stance and fitting Pegasus #1311 DZ's.

iJ8EAO7.jpg

snTCFCb.jpg

Tzejn8G.jpg

Yep!!

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 2