Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Mustang Mach 1

Bronzekeg

I wish Revell would fix the mold for the body. If you look at the rear "cap" just behind the quarter panel and above the rear bumper, the driver's side comes to a nice sharp point, while the passenger side looks like it was dropped and dented. The mold has been like this as far back as I can remember, back when there was only the Boss 429 kit in the 1980's.

20 hours ago, ubermodel said:

I wish Revell would fix the mold for the body. If you look at the rear "cap" just behind the quarter panel and above the rear bumper, the driver's side comes to a nice sharp point, while the passenger side looks like it was dropped and dented. The mold has been like this as far back as I can remember, back when there was only the Boss 429 kit in the 1980's.

this is my 4th 70 mustang build and you're right the mold needs a fixing.

20 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Coming along very nicely. I've built a few of these (with about another four to build) and I'll have to do one in either the same or a similar green like yours.  And they assemble quite well. 

thank you Tom, it's a beautiful green.

Very nice! You're in the home stretch.

Sometimes I drag my heels at this point because I don't want the build to end. I mean, it's nice to set it on the shelf for display, but the real fun is in the building. And other times, I just want to get it off the workbench and start something new!

18 hours ago, rightrudder said:

Very nice! You're in the home stretch.

Sometimes I drag my heels at this point because I don't want the build to end. I mean, it's nice to set it on the shelf for display, but the real fun is in the building. And other times, I just want to get it off the workbench and start something new!

thank you Douglas, it's finally done!