Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tweedy Pie 2

Nacho Z

Here are a few pics of the latest model from my hobby bench.  This is the Revell Tweedy Pie 2.  This is not my normal genre.  It was/is meant to be a low stress, quick, fun build and it pretty much filled those requirements.  It is box stock.  It was airbrushed in decanted Testors Purple-Licious and the only reason I did that is my NOS can had leaked.  Almost all of the chrome was stripped and shot with Alclad Chrome.  The wheels, oil pan, valve covers and headlights were the only things left in kit chrome.  I did not like the too tall windshield so I left it off.  One big boo-boo was applying Tamiya black panel liner in the newly opened exhaust ends and then accidentally touching one and having the panel liner wick up and destroy the Alclad Chrome on the end.  As I said, stress free build....I just touched up the end with Testors Chrome Silver paint.

20220403 110801

20220403 111048

20220403 111137

20220403 111247

20220403 111317

20220403 111408

• Like 2

7 hours ago, espo said:

The color really works well with the chrome trim and interior.  Looking at the picture head on the front suspension looks very realistic. The rear tires are impressive, did they come in the kit?

Thank you!  Yes, the rear tires are straight out of the kit.