Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Pontiac 2+2

landman

Good kit! I built it long ago. The 8 lug wheels are crisp and accurate and the Tri Power carbs are realistic. Of all the full size Pontiac models that have the 421 engine, this one is the only one with the emblems provided.

People will correctly point out that the body is too long and actually a reworked Bonneville body but we are lucky to have this kit available.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:24 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Robert!

They come from Revell's Sidewinder Dodge Concept Truck kit. I'm told they are the same size as the Prowler's rolling stock, but the flame thread pattern is unique to this kit. The real concept truck had those, so they replicated them in the kit. That kit also has a Viper engine, and a very detailed custom frame and suspensions, and a cool interior. So, a trove of parts perfect for mashups!

CT

9 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Good kit! I built it long ago. The 8 lug wheels are crisp and accurate and the Tri Power carbs are realistic. Of all the full size Pontiac models that have the 421 engine, this one is the only one with the emblems provided.

People will correctly point out that the body is too long and actually a reworked Bonneville body but we are lucky to have this kit available.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bisc63 said:

I know you have plans already, but that red car is just a big ol' piece of CANDY!

I sure does. Initially I was hoping to replicate a red Parisienne Custom Sport someone had in the village I grew up in. But the Custom Sport was Bonneville with a Grand-Prix grill, so it wouldn't even have looked the same.

5d445aa86323d84058e12a7e2f47c71a.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like how your interior and chassis has come together. You had mentioned a bright red color, and that would look great. I'm going to build one starting in a couple of weeks and use the one year only Evening Orchid color but with a black interior. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, espo said:

I like how your interior and chassis has come together. You had mentioned a bright red color, and that would look great. I'm going to build one starting in a couple of weeks and use the one year only Evening Orchid color but with a black interior. 

This one will be a darkish Navy blue. It'll likely look darker and less gray with clear on.

IMG_2070.JPG

• Like 1

I have started with the foiling. My foil appears to have exceeded its useful life, it doesn't stick very well and tears easily. I ended up using the chrome pen for some of it. The strip along the lower body molding would work well with line-o-tape pinstriping tape except it vanished in the move somehow.So I am going to park this until I get some.

IMG_2114.JPG