Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for projects, what do you need 3D files for, or printed?

2 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Same thing happened to me. Charles had to go back and fix the problem and I ordered my 3. Glad that's out of the way.

Still these things are gonna go quickly!

So these are not inventory tracked and I accidentally left it on with an inventory of one. Theoretically somebody could order a million of these and it would just take forever for me to actually ship it I'd also be a very rich man but yeah that that was my fault and I'll own it.

39 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

So if you want it would be helpful to see where the problem lies

It looks a little wide and could be bent in a kind of a U shape just slightly.  I'll see if I can tweak it but it's not going to be for some time.

12 hours ago, Matt T. said:

How about some bed-mounted spare brackets for the Moebius Fords?

C370FE39-E446-4E1E-AA44-6278D4D2408C.jpeg

Would the brackets even be visible? I ask because I just completed a Dodge D-100 with spare tires mounted in a similar fashion on the bed. I dropped the idea of making the brackets when I realized that they would not be visible under the wheels. So I just glued the wheels in place. 

Unless you just wanted to display the brackets without the wheels mounted..

A winch bumper for 1/24.

Olson bros. already makes some very nice ones but only for 1/25. nothing for the many 1/24 truck kit out now. You could maybe even mak it a little more modern looking with the inset driving lights abd tubular brushgaurds.

F146275679.webp

d37e0b60-35d4-4944-8a87-a3f3f1139e90__57244.jpg

I concur with the thought about updated bumpers, both front and rear, being produced. Even some of the current roll bars, utility racks and such I would think to be popular. I've built both of A&N's 3d printed 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500's and they are begging for accessorizing them with such. Just go to a website like Black Horse Off Road for ideas and a away we go! I know it's easy for a person not into producing, but just building to say it should make money. As a business owner, I know a lot more is involved. Cheers! 

I do appreciate what all these cottage industries do for our hobby! I try to show it with dollars too.

5 minutes ago, pjacobs said:

I concur with the thought about updated bumpers, both front and rear, being produced. Even some of the current roll bars, utility racks and such I would think to be popular. I've built both of A&N's 3d printed 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500's and they are begging for accessorizing them with such. Just go to a website like Black Horse Off Road for ideas and a away we go! I know it's easy for a person not into producing, but just building to say it should make money. As a business owner, I know a lot more is involved. Cheers! 

I do appreciate what all these cottage industries do for our hobby! I try to show it with dollars too.

I live in a house not a cottage, but all joking aside, I have an accessories off road pack. It hardly sells, common question is to just sell this but or that part. That doesn't make sense for me. To sell a single part is a lot of work for little to no profit. Once fees materials and shipping is done I am lucky to make a buck. Not to sound greedy but to put that work forward to not even buy a cup of Joe is a hard sell for me, pun intended, much less my wife who likes my attention.

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs

10 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

how about stock grilles for the amt 33 willys and the revell 50 austin. It would open up a lot of new hot rod possibilities

237759_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

800px-Austin_A40.jpg

I am starting a thread for grill requests, but I will need a kit for scanning from here on out, not all the kit but the parts required for fitment, usually the body. Return shipping will be paid for with a purchase.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Oldmopars said:

OK, I like this idea. I have been wanting to make a Ford 170-300 CID inline 6 for a while. While I know they are different, all the Ford inline engines will be similar. I will start working on it this week. 

That would be a holy grail for me. My first truck had a 300 I6 in it, and I'm trying to recreate it in scale, and this is the only stumbling block.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, Oldmopars said:

OK, I like this idea. I have been wanting to make a Ford 170-300 CID inline 6 for a while. While I know they are different, all the Ford inline engines will be similar. I will start working on it this week. 

I would "still" be in the market for (3) of these!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late to the party here, but hopefully not too late. Would a turbocharger set up for the Detroit 8V71s be of any interest to get modeled and printed? I want to add one to the engine in a Transtar, and that means either raiding an AMT KW Aerodyne (any of its variants) for one off of its 8V92. I'd hate to do that and then that leaves me with an engine that's almost unusable. I tried scratch building one using a spare Cummins turbo but the way they sit on top of the DD blower means they have a kind of unique plenum to feed it. I can handle building the exhaust plumbing and adapting some manifolds, but the turbocharger has proven difficult. There's a few different configurations for stationary, marine, industrial and truck engines, this is what I'm referring too.

The Detroit Diesel - the iconic American high speed two stroke diesel engine