Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another "non-Chevy" from my collection. This is probably the most recent completed build of mine (about 3 years ago). Acrylic craft paint. I mixed in a little brown to the orange to make the darker color for some contrast. I was going for ghost flames on this one but they are not nearly as subtle as the '63 Impala. All parts out of the box, I downloaded and printed the decals on waterslide decal paper. This is one of my favorites. Thanks for looking.😎

Jim

1938 Custom Ford Van (2).JPG

1938 Custom Ford Van (3).JPG

1938 Custom Ford Van Chassis.JPG

1938 Custom Ford Van engine compartment.JPG

1938 Custom Ford garage-gates.png

Thank you all for the compliments. It means a lot to me to receive such positive comments about my models from all of you. In the short time I've been on this forum, I have seen nothing but outstanding model builds. As a member of one of a former model club in my area (Foothills Plastic Pros), I see a lot of real winners on this forum. I was a judge at many of our shows and I can tell you that if I was judging the cars I see here, I would have an extremely difficult task to find the best. I am learning a lot from all of you also. Isn't that what it's all about, never stop learning?

Jim

What a nice looking old school Hot Rod.  I think the ghost flames look pretty good.  That little bit of brown turned out pretty sweet looking.  Great looking build.  Thank you for your service.