Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 49 merc

Brudda

54 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I think you found the perfect attitude for your ride.

Thank you Ray, I looked at it and like the gold wheels, it did not look right. Had to correct it. My first custom, so I am out of my comfort zone. Just doing this one by feeling and looking. 

The frame. Engine in temporary. I am not detailing this car, we’ll maybe a little. Meaning no brake lines and such. I have 2 model factory hiro cars that I am doing and that’s enough. If you want detail, see those. This is my easy build. So far the mods are easy. This model was made to modify. Chassis just about finished. I do not think I have much more to modify. I’m not a custom guy, but I can get used to this. The hard part is over, just paint and assembly. I hope

00737693-F04E-4F40-8F67-BD1280C2CC7A.jpeg

E994EDB3-86C4-4C0B-B8D0-1DF4D82FB6D9.jpeg

C44FAE31-217B-44AF-87F4-81E70B7E332B.jpeg

C5224E87-0A12-4CF7-99C4-4CEB893A3E26.jpeg

• Like 3

The chassis and stance look great. Not to nitpick but, you might want to check the tires on what looks like the driver's side. The tires look good but have a directional tread design. In the pictures the passenger side tires look to be going in the correct direction and the driver's side seem to be reversed.  

17 minutes ago, espo said:

The chassis and stance look great. Not to nitpick but, you might want to check the tires on what looks like the driver's side. The tires look good but have a directional tread design. In the pictures the passenger side tires look to be going in the correct direction and the driver's side seem to be reversed.  

Thank you espo, yes I will check that

27 minutes ago, espo said:

Fixed, thank you. Peski pointed out on my Toyota 2000 GT build that a light lens was crooked. I corrected it and was thankful. I did not notice that one but the judges would notice. That car took 3 rd in large scale at the IPMS nationals in Vegas. 

99448F41-5AD8-4959-8802-3C7A8E5F86FC.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Fixed, thank you. Peski pointed out on my Toyota 2000 GT build that a light lens was crooked. I corrected it and was thankful. I did not notice that one but the judges would notice. That car took 3 rd in large scale at the IPMS nationals in Vegas. 

99448F41-5AD8-4959-8802-3C7A8E5F86FC.jpeg

Chassis is looking good. The tire thing is just one of my hang ups, so I try and mention it hoping not to hurt anyone's feelings.  

22 hours ago, espo said:

Chassis is looking good. The tire thing is just one of my hang ups, so I try and mention it hoping not to hurt anyone's feelings.  

Thank you sir, every little bit helps. Sometimes you get so wrapped up in a build you over look things, another set of eyes are always welcome.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:46 AM, David G. said:

The black & white interior really works well with the body color.

The brake details look great.

David G.

Thank you David G. The white is going to be light grey with a very dark grey insert. Here is a pic. Going to put a really small red pin stripe on the top of the seats. Black dash board and black steering wheel. I am very weak on interiors. Not my best part to do  on a model car. But i believe it will work on this car. 

908521C5-97AD-4DCD-871E-8373B54F4D27.jpeg