Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 2cv

happy grumpy

Hi Mario,

You did a great job on this. I love the color and the paint looks perfect. Actually, the whole car does! Thanks for showing it.

I like unusual looking cars and have quite a few mostly smaller scale diecast Citroens, both cars and trucks. I have a few model kits too if I ever get around to building them.

22 hours ago, cobraman said:

Cute little thing and very well done.

Thanks Ray

20 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Very nice work !! what a surprise , i didn’t know that Citroën had sold 2cv in Québec ! 👍😀

Merci Phillipe, We still have a few here in Montreal. There is one that I see every summer, it's black and red. Always brings a smile.

18 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well done.

Thanks Lee

14 hours ago, Kah puts said:

Brings a smile to my face, thanks for posting. 

Thanks Glenn.

13 hours ago, rsmodels said:

Hi Mario,

You did a great job on this. I love the color and the paint looks perfect. Actually, the whole car does! Thanks for showing it.

I like unusual looking cars and have quite a few mostly smaller scale diecast Citroens, both cars and trucks. I have a few model kits too if I ever get around to building them.

Thanks Rich, I love those odd balls too. I have a few French and European  cars that I will post eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

The 2CV looks great 👍🏼. I think the orange really suits it. Great photography too - I like the dioramas. 

These cars are truly odd (in a nice way). My neighbour has a 1:1 car, and I took a close look at it’s underside whilst it was on a ramp. Ingenious simple utilitarian engineering!

Thanks for the Revell/Tamiya comparison. I have the Tamiya kit unbuilt, but was wondered if the Revell had more to offer.