Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 65' Comet/modified

skymnky721

Howdy folks,,Does anyone ever unbox a bunch of ol' kits just to dust em off,,and revisit them?   I forgot some of the kits I did years ago,,this being one. Moebius did a great job with these kits,,it has so many possible versions  one can do.    I did a  street/strip racer,  I ,saw somthin similar to this,,1:1  at Woodward this year,,it was an orange color  PS  Comet.   I added a rear spoiler/wing,,because all cars should have a wing of some type. Even minivans  and volkswagon  rabbits.    So this one got one. and some x-tra bits,,tyres+ rims  from the spare parts bx,,minor wiring and stuff.  One of my fav kits,,,,Onward!  Thanks for lookin.

46462917992_31446f4f1c_o.jpg

46515025921_02b141cf67_o.jpg

45601660565_bc624c2b76_o.jpg

46515030051_92b259ff0e_o.jpg

44697866800_ffd1955a50_o.jpg

44697859320_69be9be198_o.jpg

45601656325_07b34d76bd_o.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks  so much,,you guys rock also.  Ive always wanted a 1:1  Comet/falcon,,years ago I owned a  1:1  66  Stang,  it had a 302 out of a 76   Maverick,,Hiback buckets from a 76 pinto,,mild build up on the motor,,slot alum mags,,and some custom air dam work on front  ,,The small blk air catch tray just below front valence,,its angled upward at back of it to force air up from below,,{  as usual  I cant just leave a car stock,,lol}  These pics from Sears point raceway  Northern Ca, on there track days event,,the lil 66 did pretty good on that track,,would have been better if I had lowered the car 3 inches or so. ,but the 60's era cars from  the big 4  are so cool.  They dont build em like they used to thats for sure.   Enjoy the styrene!

sticky stitch,deck party,mustang,pinto,charlys bass,studio loung 093.jpg

sticky stitch,deck party,mustang,pinto,charlys bass,studio loung 088.jpg

sticky stitch,deck party,mustang,pinto,charlys bass,studio loung 082.jpg

sticky stitch,deck party,mustang,pinto,charlys bass,studio loung 084.jpg

sticky stitch,deck party,mustang,pinto,charlys bass,studio loung 075.jpg

Edited by skymnky721
type

On 9/25/2022 at 10:30 AM, ewetwo said:

Really nice.

Thanks so much all,,if I had the $$  this comet 1:1 would be in the garage  for sure,,along with many others.  A cobra kit car,,factory 5 racing builds a great  kit car,,now that   would be a blast to build!