Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Ford Model A Coupe

bluestringer

Looks good to me, James. I really like those wheels. Where'd those buckets source from? They look familiar.  I can't find a pair of buckets in my junk that will fit in a Model A ( that look good) but the kit seat is good for my current build. The one I'm working on now is a slightly rusted "survivor" and is actually the AMT '29 roadster body on the '32 frame from the Revell kit. It looks like you're nearly done with this one. Great work, James. I can't get enough Model A Fords.

26 minutes ago, customline said:

Looks good to me, James. I really like those wheels. Where'd those buckets source from? They look familiar.  I can't find a pair of buckets in my junk that will fit in a Model A ( that look good) but the kit seat is good for my current build. The one I'm working on now is a slightly rusted "survivor" and is actually the AMT '29 roadster body on the '32 frame from the Revell kit. It looks like you're nearly done with this one. Great work, James. I can't get enough Model A Fords.

Thanks Jim. Actually those bomber seats are part of the kit. They are used in the channeled version. I like the Model A's also. I've done 2 of the Revell 29s and have another one not built yet. I have a 32 5 window that needs rebuilding. 

7 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Thanks Jim. Actually those bomber seats are part of the kit. They are used in the channeled version. I like the Model A's also. I've done 2 of the Revell 29s and have another one not built yet. I have a 32 5 window that needs 

Thought they looked familiar 🤔.  I didn't recognize them because I couldn't see the holes. I get the coupe and the roadster mixed up. I've done about 3 of each plus the '32s a few times.  Using these kits yields a whole bunch of spare parts. I have a small mess of them.

I wish Revell would do a decent '34 3 window. Maybe a special edition. Sorry.....I had to get that out.

Put on some Tamiya x-22 clear, came out ok. I had to build the interior panels as one unit along with the dash and then squeeze them into the body. Test fit went ok after that, but I didn't have the firewall installed, so I've got to try it again. The paint for some reason looks more blue than green in this photo. 

DSCN0192.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Well James, looks good blue...definately a nice shine there  Buddy!!

Thanks MIke.

18 hours ago, Zippi said:

Looking good James.  I just shot some of the Tamiya X-22 Clear on my Ramptruck.  I really like spraying the clear as it just goes on so nice.

Thanks Bob. It does go on nice. 

18 hours ago, Rick L said:

nice clean work.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Looks blue too me also buddy, and you have a good finish on your clear coat..

Thank you Carl. 

On 10/12/2022 at 1:36 PM, bluestringer said:

Ok, I have ran into a problem. Step 8 of the instructions shows the interior panels being installed on the frame/interior floor. This is for the B version. Trying to do a mock up and there is no way the body will fit over those panels especially with the firewall installed. The A version part show those interior panels being installed in the body. Has anyone built the B version and how did you do it. I guess I will now have to try and remove those panels and install them in the body, but not sure how that rear panel is going to fit like that. 

James, 

Haven't built the koupe, yet, but have used the Model A koupe bare bones interior panels in a '29 Model A Roadster.  The trick with the rear panel is to place either side in the body as far back as possible, then holding the body on its side hold the opposite interior panel a bit forward, canting the rear panel between the two sides... slip the rear panel in the slots while sliding the most forward of the two panels back into place locking the rear panel between the interior panels.  As you have already realized playing with moving parts, even before final assembly, kan be a bit testy! -KK

WP_20220318_005.jpg.476c6a37f7e849313fc4484e33144b65.jpg

WP_20220318_020.jpg.b8fd7d2ff0d7ba9bdc42f873dce73e44.jpg

1 hour ago, Kit Karson said:

Nice Model A Koupe, Brother! -KK

How did you find the kit to build? (Other than step 8...) Easy? OK? or somewhat difficult?

btw how did you resolve the problem with the interior panels?

Thanks. The kit went together well. I built the interior as a unit including the dash outside the body then installed it in the body. 

1 hour ago, Kit Karson said:

James, 

Haven't built the koupe, yet, but have used the Model A koupe bare bones interior panels in a '29 Model A Roadster.  The trick with the rear panel is to place either side in the body as far back as possible, then holding the body on its side hold the opposite interior panel a bit forward, canting the rear panel between the two sides... slip the rear panel in the slots while sliding the most forward of the two panels back into place locking the rear panel between the interior panels.  As you have already realized playing with moving parts, even before final assembly, kan be a bit testy! -KK

WP_20220318_005.jpg.476c6a37f7e849313fc4484e33144b65.jpg

WP_20220318_020.jpg.b8fd7d2ff0d7ba9bdc42f873dce73e44.jpg

That's basically what I did. But I built it as a unit outside the body. 

• Like 1