Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Stockholm

Ulf

Hi 

After reading the forum for a couple of years and writing a few posts I have now started a project in Community Builds, Race of Gentlemen presents... California Drag Racing 2023 Build Thread

1D064EE1-E961-4F1F-9440-C056CDDB7626.jpeg.1b9cb479308253aa99c30ebe021c09c1.jpeg

I have been building plastic models off and on for 50 years, they have always been in the back of my mind but for a long time there hasn't been time. Now and in the future there always will be. I guess I differ from many here in that I never save any finished models, the process is always most important to me, the result is uninteresting as soon as it is finished. Anyway, now I'm working on a generic diorama that will fit all the cars I build, so they'll have to sit in a display case for a while waiting for the next car to be finished. Now I'm building the AMT Ford 34 and waiting for spring when we go to the summer house where I airbrush and build on the cars I didn't finish this summer.

EDIT: I’m a AMT-fanboy.

E549A919-99C5-403E-97F3-204A55FD2E5A.thumb.jpeg.2e14bf89440821b7c5370d1272b888f8.jpeg

47FD8F2F-164F-4E97-870C-D39942542087.thumb.jpeg.85a37209fd7d2a857721222840e50f24.jpeg

All The Best

68C14A6D-146C-4B33-9935-0B10C15AB20A.thumb.jpeg.b43526e6fd2baa406f1116398e19f5d0.jpeg

Edited by Ulf
  • Like 1

Welcome to Model Cars Magazine forums Ulf . . . I do understand what you are saying, and I find that I really enjoy the building and painting of the model car, and also the research for photos and specifications. Once the model is finished and the build is completed, I just want to move on to the next build, so maybe the finished model is not so important at that stage.

I do build dioramas in different scales, and my feeling is that model cars should not always be displayed in glass cabinets or on shelves, but they come to life in a much more interesting way if they are displayed within a diorama setting, that has buildings, figures, trees, roads and streets.

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Mattilacken said:

Welcome Ulf! Nice to see some more Swedish builders on here. Do you know Proosen an other sthlm builder(used to be think he mooved) that i have seen in wheels ocasonly as well?

Tanks, tack

I can honestly say that I have no contact with any car builders other than a hello at a show (I go to one occasionally to look and buy some odd stuff). To exhibit with all that it means with a whole day etc has not been on the map before but you should never say never, maybe it will come now when I retire.
I saw that you liked my Nova project, it has its winter rest in the summer cottage and most of my modelling is in the thread below.