Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '36 Ford Ardun Head coupe

dino246gt

6 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Can't remember where I got this paint, I THINK it's from Bob, BOB'S PAINT.

Mixed 4 to one, shot over a gold base, over Tamiya white primer, then cleared with Mr. Hobby UV cut.

Your Coupe is looking fabulous. Brizio built a gold 36 chopped 3W a few years back for Jorge Zaragoza

108059182_GOLD36.jpg.059ca95bf350c59e2ab2af8436ab69ac.jpg

Edited by Phildaupho

The whole interior, except the dash and the door tops are Tamiya fine white primer. Oh and the floor is flat mix of golds because I couldn't find proper flocking, but it's barely visible.

I made some old school arm rests to add a bit more depth to the kit panels.

1: I start by making the indents on a piece of styrene leaving enough room for mistakes, here I didn't make any!

2: I cut them to the approximate size.

3: I glue them to another pice of the same styrene strip.

4: I file them to shape, they of course are not perfect, they do the job though.

5: Here's what they look like glued on.

40 Ford steering wheel, '53 pickup column, knobs drilled out and replaced with dress pins, parts box shifter and parts box pedals.

IMG_6520.JPG

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6522.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

Edited by dino246gt
  • Like 2

This is a university level tutorial on how to build the AMT 36 coupe properly!  I recently built one myself and followed a similar approach to rectifying the roof and grille fitment, but did not tackle the high standard of chassis work you have achieved here.  Congratulations on a gorgeous custom so far!

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

1: I found this cool rear bumper in my parts box, and wanted to put it in close to the body.

2: I got it tucked in and added aluminum exhaust tips, and those tail lights from Norm. They're tiny and foiling them was "trying" but like all Norm's stuff, well worth it!

3: The front bumper posed another problem, it doesn't have any design elements that are compatible with the custom rear bumper!

4: So I totally re-designed it into split bumpers, thinner and more like the rear in profile.

5 and 6: Then I foiled it (them) and thinned the mounting brackets.

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6611.JPG

IMG_6574.JPG

IMG_6595.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6602.JPG

• Like 1