Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Couple of 62 Impalas

Rattlecan Dan

Very cool Chebbies!!

I´m a great Wendell Scott fan and the ´62 Impala is a must have, because of his only Nascar win.

Like the six-lugs on Rex´ car, nice detail.

I have some kits and a lot of decals to do both of them as well, uhh, some day. 😉

2 hours ago, NYRich72 said:

Two really nice builds.

I'm also a bit prejudiced as my first 1:1 car was a '62 Impala.

Two very nice models here. 

My first 1:1 car was a 1962 Chevy Impala SS, white with red interior.  My favorite car from all the vehicles I have purchased.  🙂

Joe

22 hours ago, Joe Nunes said:

Two very nice models here. 

My first 1:1 car was a 1962 Chevy Impala SS, white with red interior.  My favorite car from all the vehicles I have purchased.  🙂

Joe

Mine was a light blue 4 dr with a 283ci. Bought it in 1969 with over 100k on the odometer for $100. Sold it a couple years later with about 130k for.....$100. Who says cars don't hold their value. 😀

Excellent work on both builds, Dan. Especially the Rex White build who happens to be my favorite all time Nascar driver. I saw him race at Richmond in 1961 when it was still dirt. We actually got to come into the pit area after the race and touch the actual cars. I rubbed some dust off of Rex's car with a kleenex my mom gave me. I kept that kleenex forever but somehow in the transition of growing up and moving out to start my own life a lot of my old stuff got lost in the shuffle. I was 10 years old when we attended that race, my first ever live Nascar race.