Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Dodge Dart GTS....

Mothersworry

26 minutes ago, deuces wild said:

This is one sweet ride..🙂👍

One thing I gotta know... What paint did you use for the body???...

Thank you fer yer comment, the paint is Testors Metallic Gold enamel with Testors HI Gloss clear enamel overcoat, no buffing or polishing just waxed when the paint cured. As I recall the color wuz a close enuff match to factory color Y4 Gold metallic.

Edited by Mothersworry
Spelling error
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 11:24 PM, moparmike619 said:

Speechless. Absolutely beautiful car. This is the level of craftsmanship I hope to achieve someday. Thank you for the inspiration! 

P.S. How did you ever think of the cassette player idea? I’m going to steal that for sure!

Thank you fer yer comment. Desperate situations call fer Desperate measures. I came up with the tape player thing when I built the Monogram Talladaga, wuz building it to Box Stock rules so I couldn't change the tires and at the time no correct transfers or decals fer whitewalls were available. I seem to recall readin sumwhere (Scale Auto maybe) that sumone had used a compass and some kinda special pen to do whitewalls on tires so that wuz my inspiration.