Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got this old Chevy van at a show last year. I started by putting the chassis together and searched my parts box for some Cragar five spokes and some tires. The fronts are from the Revell 68 Dodge Dart and the rears are from an AMT Impala 

I have cleaned up the body and removed the badges. I have laid down a silver flake base coat and put on some graphics using clear yellow, orange and red. Still lots to do.

Thanks for looking Lee 

20230116_194056.jpg

20230116_202107.jpg

20230226_100206.jpg

20230321_151223.jpg

20230321_151239.jpg

Edited by Limeyglue
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, espo said:

The paint on the upper body is very tastefully done. What are you going to do on the lower portion? 

Use the same colours but a different pattern. I drew it out on paper and put on the side to give me an idea of how it would look 

20230124_204419.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Limeyglue said:

Use the same colours but a different pattern. I drew it out on paper and put on the side to give me an idea of how it would look 

20230124_204419.jpg

Nice design. I imagine you're extending the side patteren all the way around the back. 

10 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Very cool ! Any tips? I read that you must have it tight against the surface.

Yes I mask all the way round the lace to keep it tight and also keep the airbrush at right angles to the surface and use light coats