Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lotus Esprit S1 (Airfix 1/24)

Tommy124

Many thanks guys. Glad you like it!

On 4/16/2023 at 4:30 PM, asfastasu said:

This is nicely done 👍. What paint did you use in the body? Is the interior a dark blue? I wouldn't think that a blue interior and orange exterior would work, but you have convinced me otherwise!! Great job!!

Thanks Aaron. As regards the interior, there were many unusual colors available. And it was the mid-70's, so... 😉 For solid (non-metallic) body colors such as yellow, orange and so on, I often use spray cans from the DIY-market. They are a lot of paint for little money. And the quality is good, sometimes not even a clearcoat is required. See my yellow Dino 246 GT.

On 4/18/2023 at 7:45 AM, 89AKurt said:

Very nice!  I just talked about getting the Boomerang, have you posted that before?  I understand it's a tough kit to look right.

Thanks Kurt! To be honest, I find these old kits easier to make them look right than so many modern ones that are unnecessarily complicated. And you're right, I have shown the Boomerang before some years ago. It was a restoration of my original Airfix/ Heller build from 1990 (?). Getting the Boomerang... they are hard and expensive to come by these days. SMP24 released one years ago. They also made a lot of other 70's dream cars available in kit form, however they are VERY expensive. https://www.scalemates.com/brands/smp-24--6562

Myself, I still have the 1:16 from Revell. 

Edited by Tommy124
  • Like 1