Model Cars Magazine Forum

16 hours ago, GRiN said:

Not yet. Starting to get worried. I seem to be missing out of something great.

If it's any consolation, mine hasn't arrived either. Let me know if it doesn't get there by the end of next week, and we'll get you a replacement copy. 

On 7/25/2023 at 2:28 PM, Dave Darby said:

Mine is stuck in the USPS change of address abyss. Looking forward to reading it!

Lol. I went over and checked the mailbox at my old address and lo and behold, issue 220. Gotta love the USPS. Hey though, great issue!

On 8/1/2023 at 11:01 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

The post office is really having problems this time around. If you haven't gotten your issue yet, please send an email to subscribe@modelcarsmag.com

We'll send you a replacement issue. 

Gregg sent me a replacement copy.  Mahalo Nui loa Gregg!

1 hour ago, Dave Darby said:

Gregg sent me a replacement copy.  Mahalo Nui loa Gregg!

Dave, A kinda funny story about 'mahalo nui loa.' 

Several years ago I was involved in some fairly regular communications with Gregg. We 'mahalo-ed' each other a handful of times. At one point, he told me, 'mahalo nui loa!' 

I wasn't going to admit I had no clue what that twist meant, but I looked it up, and returned the respect the next time we spoke. It caught him off guard and he congratulated me on my "fluency."  LOL. 

Then he shared a funny story.  Seems most of the public trash receptacles on the island, especially around the beaches and parks, were emblazoned with "Mahalo" on the flaps.  Gregg told me many of the haole tourists came to believe the word "Mahalo" meant 'trash.'  

I guessed the 'nui loa' was reserved for dumpsters . . . 

• Haha 3