Model Cars Magazine Forum

Uncertain T

There was an Australian making resin kits of this car in 1/24th scale I believe a few years back.

He might be able to help with either information or a kit you can scale up from?

Not sure if he produced drawings to make this kit or simply made moulds from the old Monogram kit parts.

I seem to think that I have seen a photo of a large scale model made by someone, somewhere. Possibly on this or some other forum.

Maybe seek out a New Zealand Rod and Custom club who might be able to track down the builder of the full size replica is another thought. Must have worked to some sort of plans I would think.

I recall some simple plans in one of the model car magazines of the time, before the kit came out. I may even have it in my library if I knew what issue to look for. Apart from the Model T cowl, which is readily available in scale, it's really just all flat sections.

Car Craft November 1965, this issue debuted the Uncertain T with a 3 page write up about the car. In the Modelcraft feature on page 82 there wuz a small piece about building a replica with a list of parts and sources to build a model of the car.

This, of course wuz before Monogram had tooled up the kit.  

20230714_110145.jpg

20230714_110211.jpg

• Thanks 1

The guy that runs 3D Scale Parts offers a 3D printed body in several scales, including a 1/25th scale one:

https://www.3dscaleparts.com/product-page/1-25-uncertain-t-inspired-show-rod-body

I saw some of his bodies a few years ago at the NNL West Show, and at the Desert Scale Show, and they looked really nice.  I've bought a few of his small parts, and they have all looked really good and no problems getting the parts.

Steve A.

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

Didn't see them on his web site. My club puts on a Model Car Fest and he donated some kits 

5 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Iceman has them now

Coming soon, fellas. 
We’re announcing the official release date through our newsletter May 1st. 

• Like 3

On 7/14/2023 at 7:43 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Maybe seek out a New Zealand Rod and Custom club who might be able to track down the builder of the full size replica is another thought. Must have worked to some sort of plans I would think.

The builder down here in NZ based his dimensions for his replica on a kit body.  

On 4/27/2024 at 2:50 PM, IceMan Collections said:

Coming soon, fellas. 
We’re announcing the official release date through our newsletter May 1st. 

Big thanks for the donations to our Modelfest, it is today and maybe I will be lucky enough to win one.

• Like 1