Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is this little RHD thing?

I sat in one of these at the NY Auto Show a couple of years back - and, yeah, they're tiny:

1561158943395.thumb.jpg.4d51adc05decf5eabaee6ee26deb154e.jpg

3 cylinder, 660cc (I think?) engine - I bet it's super fun to drive!  Reminded me a LOT of a shrunk-down version of my 2nd generation Miata, particuarly in looks.  I'd drive the heck outta one of those

51 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Thanks everyone! I knew there’d be folks on here who would know.🙂 Cool looking little car. 

Unlike the mid-engine Honda Beat this one has a traditional front engine (660 CC turbo)/rear drive setup and a very cool removable HT; the targa section is 3 removable pieces (allows opening partially or completely) and the rear glass section folds down into the cavity for the full convertible treatment without a soft top to do it. With everything in place it's not a lot different from your PRHT Miata in security, but it does require getting out of the car to remove/replace the targa's sections. I've sat in this, the Beat, and the AZ-1. This and the Beat are marginally comfortable, cockpit width is tight, the AZ-1 would be impossible for me to drive with shoes on as my size 8.5 wide shoes each cover two pedals at once.