Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carolina Freight Ford F8000

It's done!  I was just looking at the WIP!

Nice detailing on the engine, it adds a lot of interest. A striking livery, done with neat paintwork and a red frame that shows off the details that would be hidden in the standard black, good choice! Resin is such a challenge to work with but you succeeded admirably!

I believe that's a P&P resin piece. I have one that looks exactly like it. The glass and interior from the Revell 1980 Ford Ranger fit right in. Anyhow, excellent work! You did a great job capturing the spartan look of a fleet truck interior.

On 8/5/2023 at 4:38 PM, Dutzie said:

Looks great! The wiring and plumbing at a nice touch. 

Thanks Brian!!

On 8/5/2023 at 6:42 PM, leafsprings said:

Great new addition to the Carolina fleet! Really like the CAT, 2 hole wheels and plumbing on this one. That 13 speed will extract all that CAT's 200 horses in local city pickup and delivery work.

Thanks Tommy!! I don't think speeding tickets will be a problem!😁

On 8/6/2023 at 7:27 AM, XYHARRY said:

Nice day hauler there Brian. Well done.

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

Thanks David!!

On 8/6/2023 at 8:19 AM, Jim B said:

Beautiful job!

Thanks Jim!!

On 8/6/2023 at 9:43 AM, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thanks Chris!!

On 8/6/2023 at 11:22 AM, Rockford said:

Looks great, interesting subject. I like the fifth wheel, looks very realistic. 

Thanks Steve!! I am trying to build this Carolina fleet to be show trucks that only hook to a trailer for a show, so I was trying to replicate very light wear.

On 8/6/2023 at 5:59 PM, hct728(Bob) said:

It's done!  I was just looking at the WIP!

Nice detailing on the engine, it adds a lot of interest. A striking livery, done with neat paintwork and a red frame that shows off the details that would be hidden in the standard black, good choice! Resin is such a challenge to work with but you succeeded admirably!

Thanks Bob!! I have bought my share of red paint this year.😁

On 8/6/2023 at 11:31 PM, av405 said:

I believe that's a P&P resin piece. I have one that looks exactly like it. The glass and interior from the Revell 1980 Ford Ranger fit right in. Anyhow, excellent work! You did a great job capturing the spartan look of a fleet truck interior.

Thanks Alberto!! Thanks for identifying the origin of this one as well! I did use the windshield and rear glass along with the headlights and buckets out of the pickup kit.

On 8/7/2023 at 7:08 PM, catpack68 said:

Very nice work Brian! Definitely brings back memories of seeing these trucks on the road here in my area👍

Thanks Scott!! I remember the Carolina trucks very well, but I don't seem to remember seeing any F8000s at all, but my memory isn't what it used to be either.

On 8/7/2023 at 9:53 PM, tractoraholic said:

Beautiful Work!

Thanks Justin!!

On 8/8/2023 at 6:27 AM, Darbo said:

Love it !!

Thanks Andrew!!

On 8/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, Warren D said:

Good job, looks great!

Thanks Warren!!

On 8/8/2023 at 10:56 PM, vincen47 said:

Very cool, another unique addition to the roster. When will we see a “family portrait” of the whole fleet?

Thanks Victor!! If I ever get them all done, I plan to do a group picture.

On 8/10/2023 at 8:31 PM, chuckyr said:

Nice finish.  Any trailers?

Thanks Chuck!! I am actually having the decals made now to make a refrigerated trailer. I am working on a B-Model now and then possibly a 4070a 73" cab, and then the trailer.

• 4 weeks later...