Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not able to go to switch pages on individual topics.

GMP440

When on a thread that has multiple pages, I am not able click on pg 2, pg. 3, or next page.  Won't advance to the next page.

George

54 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

When on a thread that has multiple pages, I am not able click on pg 2, pg. 3, or next page.  Won't advance to the next page.

George

same here

33 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I'm using Google safari on my iphone and Google Chrome on me android tablets and not having any issues.

It will help Dave if you can indicate what browser you are using and what operating system. 

google chrome desk top

I'm using Google Chrome and have the same issues. Also can't click on the "like" button as I get a little window pop up with an error. Tried using a different browser and have the same problem.

Contacted "iamsuperdan" and he's looking into it.

We have repeatedly looked into this and there is nothing on our end that can be done about it. We will continue to apply the updates provided by the software vendor (we do not install every update) and hope it sorts out some of the compatibility issues that members have. I have mentioned before that with all the different computers, browsers, modems, switching hubs, routers and other equipment used by individual people or by their service providers, each with any number of customizable settings, there are going to be bugs or glitches in the system. Most of these are very minor inconveniences to individual members.

Please keep reporting issues that you have, but keep in mind that we cannot fix them all.

I'm on a Mac and have the same problem which means it isn't only a windows issue. I typically browse with Brave which blocks ads but the same problem occurs in Chrome which doesn't have an ad blocker. Buttons do work in Safari and Firefox both which have ads. All this on an older Macbook running 10.15 which is the latest it will run.

Back  in the earlier days of the World Wide Web, with basic HTML code, thing were simple and pretty much compatible with all the early browsers.

Nowadays the coding got so darn complicated that there are always compatibility issues. Unfortunately there is no easy solution - and things will only get more complex in the future.  The coding has gotten too complex and too  many programmers are involved in the process, each one handling a small piece of the entire browser or website design.

Updates (to the browsers and to the programs like the one running this forum) are double edge swords.  They fix one thing and break another. These things are too complex to test every possible feature and interaction before releasing the update. There are just too many features and interdependancies. We're stuck in this quagmire called Internet.