Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Pontiac Firebird

bluestringer

Didn't come out as good as I wanted. Seems my last 3 or 4 builds start out ok, then go downhill during the final assembly. My builds from a year ago were looking much better.   I've got to stop being impatient with my builds and do more prep work before I start putting things together. Anyway, this is painted with Testor's Gloss Blue Acrylic. Interior is a semi gloss black. I tried some weathering on the chassis, engine and the engine bay. I tried following the excellent tutorial by Steven in the tips section. There are some pics of that in my WIP. All comments are welcome, and thanks for looking.

IMGP4354.jpg

IMGP4357.jpg

IMGP4359.jpg

IMGP4360.jpg

IMGP4361.jpg

IMGP4363.jpg

IMGP4364.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint and decal work. The added under hood painted details add to the appearance. 

Thanks David.

15 hours ago, michelle said:

looks great awesome work

Thanks Michelle.

13 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Looks good from here James! I think a problem all builders have is during construction we stare at the model for weeks (even months) and see flaws that no-one else will notice.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Zippi said:

Your 70 Firebird looks pretty good to me James.  Great looking blue.

Thanks Bob.

11 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Great shine! Nice looking aftermarket wheels. 

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Mittagskind said:

I think it looks very good, a real eye catcher.

Thanks.

James, we're always hardest on our own work :) It came out beautiful, and I particularly like the tires/rims combo. If I may offer one minor observations; the front stance seems a bit high compared to the rear. Is that what you were shooting for, or is it possible to drop the rims on their spindles by a little bit at this point? In any event, great job!