Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Nomad

Zippi

Finally got this one finished this morning.  Paint is Testors Gloss Sunburst cleared with Tamiya X-22 Clear then wet sanded and polished.  All chrome trim is bmf.  Wheels & tires are from Jay's Wheels & Tires 1948 on ebay and airbrushed with the chrome out of a Molotow Chrome pen.  Interior color is Rust-Oleum 2X Satin Warm Caramel.   Suspension was lowered and the bumpers were moved in closer to the body.  The tailgate and rear glass are both operational.  I did burn through on the top of the rear DS fin while wet sanding and polishing.  I have more paint on the way for touch up. 

WIP: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/183088-1955-chevy-nomad/

20230905_094856.jpg

20230905_094532.jpg

20230905_094547.jpg

20230905_094616.jpg

20230905_103230.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Pic 4.jpg

Pic 5.jpg

Pic 6.jpg

Pic 7.jpg

Pic 8.jpg

Pic 10.jpg

Pic 11.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Very cool build Bob. Always liked the 55 nomad. Something about the lines that I really like. The wheels and the stance give it a very cool look.

I appreciate ya stopping by to take a look Mario.  Yup, the 55 have a nice aggressive look.  

1 hour ago, espo said:

Beautiuful looking paint color and finish. The chrome trim is all cleanly done. Great looking engine and chassis detailing. Like the wheels and stance.  

Thanks David.  I appreciate the kind words Buddy.