Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1424 1/25 Morton Salt Ford Louisville Short Hauler Truck $59.99

ss2000

• 2 weeks later...

Safe to assume this is the same truck as the previous versions?

Coke...another Coke version...the Produce version...Ryder...the plain one...the other plain one...

I really like the kit, but this is a tired mold and is worthy of a proper update. Much like AMT did with the International cabover a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

That’s the issue with most of the heavy truck kits. That International 4070 hasn’t been on the road since the early 1980’s. I can’t believe they spent money on new tooling just for that kit. The Detroit Diesel engine that comes in a lot of the kit’s hasn’t been made since the 70’s. It’s great if your building a truck graveyard diorama. Thinking about what I just wrote as I work on a 60 Chevy pickup kit. I digress.

• Haha 1

I remember, well over a year ago, when Round2 announced the "Hostess Cake" Ford c-600, and that pic was shown, ALL-NEW truck on the pic!

https://hobbymodels.com/collections/model-cars/products/amt-model-cars-1-25-ford-c600-hostess-city-delivery-truck-kit

I wonder what is the "story" on that one.  We indeed got the old AMT Ford C-600 with the delivery box that had been reissued quite alot before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Scott - Oldmopars

Nice looking grille.  Is there somewhere others can see more information on these parts?  And as long as you are asking about "upgrades", how common is the fuel tank in the photo above and would it be something that could be done and made available?  Just wondering.

Thanks

Keith

On 10/11/2023 at 6:45 PM, Oldmopars said:

What else do you want to see?

Large shell grill and large front bumper, per my previous photo. If you want to go one better,  full fender L series hood, kit is a snub nose LN hood. Cool video on where the Louisvilles are built. 

Edited by leafsprings

On 11/8/2023 at 12:14 PM, Plain-O-Dude said:

Hey Scott - Oldmopars

Nice looking grille.  Is there somewhere others can see more information on these parts?  And as long as you are asking about "upgrades", how common is the fuel tank in the photo above and would it be something that could be done and made available?  Just wondering.

Thanks

Keith

Well, if you can get me more information on it, I can model something up. I have never seen one. So, More pictures and dimensions would really help.