Model Cars Magazine Forum

Switchers '32 Ford

Sledsel

21 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Are those headers included in other issues of this kit? Those would look cool on a channeled 32 or A

They are in the current kit shown above and it's last reissue. 

They were also in the original sedan/phaeton version and I think the reissue from a few years ago, but not sure.

Some of the worse box are ever on those reissued switchers kits. 

Checked my copy of the release below earlier today, it does have those chrome headers in it.

Whats the story on the "Switchers" ? - General Automotive Talk (Trucks and  Cars) - Model Cars Magazine Forum

Edited by Can-Con
info added

On 9/15/2023 at 11:44 PM, bill-e-boy said:

I hate to say it, but these are torrid looking models. Bad proportions and all the parts quite heavy handed. I have a few but but I cant convince myself to build one

The wheels are nice, the rest is humble at best. The Revell '32 series are far superior offerings.... -RRR

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:44 PM, bill-e-boy said:

I hate to say it, but these are torrid looking models. Bad proportions and all the parts quite heavy handed. I have a few but but I cant convince myself to build one

Well, one must consider that they where designed to be assembled and taken apart to change them up a bit. Hence the toy like construction of some of the parts. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:14 PM, Daddyfink said:

Well, one must consider that they where designed to be assembled and taken apart to change them up a bit. Hence the toy like construction of some of the parts. 

I could never figure out to build the “Switcher” kits so that the left over parts could be switched to do other variations later. The kits just would not stay together without gluing the “switcher” parts together. Beyond that, I kind of liked the two or three Switcher kits I’ve built in the past.

3 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

I could never figure out to build the “Switcher” kits so that the left over parts could be switched to do other variations later. The kits just would not stay together without gluing the “switcher” parts together. Beyond that, I kind of liked the two or three Switcher kits I’ve built in the past.

I tried switching stuff around when I was a kid and it was amusing, but it quickly lost it's magic. Now they are just quick slump busters.