Model Cars Magazine Forum

Misting Spray Booth

No, I line the walls and floor with white butcher paper which lasts a long time. The booth is vacuumed, then the filter cleaned out after every painting session.  Prior to painting, the fan is turned on for an hour or two. This seems to pull any airborne dust into the filters before it would have landed on fresh paint. The cleaner the booth, the cleaner the paint is what I am finding. 

Edited by Skip
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:18 AM, BKIN10SECS said:

Was just curious, does anyone ever lightly mist the floor and walls of their spray booths with water to keep down dust particles? I know whenever I may be at a body shop it seems they always spray down their paint booth. 

Yeah, I do that.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:29 AM, Zippi said:

I first clean my spraybooth with Windex then just before painting I shoot a mist of Windex on the walls and floor.  Works for me but everybody is different so it's whatever works.  

Thats what I do also. Then I wipe the body thoroughly with Tamiya's static display brush. Does a great job at eliminating dust before painting.