Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973 Gremlin X

landman

1 hour ago, David G. said:

It looks like you've nailed the colors on this.

I lake the shifter solution you came up with.

Is it just my perception or do those front seats look too narrow?

David G.

They likely are. However have to use them on account of the upholstery.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Picking this one back up Pat. Beautiful color choice man. I've used the Molotow Chrome pens before and have had mixed results with them but it looks like you did a really good job using yours.

I use an ordinary Pilot Silver marker.

IMG_2964.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The chassis would,'t go into the body faor any reason. I had to thin the front panel and cut off about 1/8" off the back so It could sit properly. I managed to put a big smudge in the windshield. One of the guys is trying to wipe it off but I'm sure it will stay.

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2973.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Big John said:

Looks Sweeet Pat! Must have been fun to drive in the day. I was just going to say 'is the pipe laying dozer next'?  Is there room in the garage?

Thanks John ,I have the bulldozer kit. I think I have the plans to make the sideboom, counterweights etc. We'll see.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 12:59 AM, Big John said:

Looks Sweeet Pat! Must have been fun to drive in the day. I was just going to say 'is the pipe laying dozer next'?  Is there room in the garage?

I thought I had the plans but all I have is the parts book which would go a long ways in replicationg the various components. However, I'd have to get actual dimensions in order to scale everything accurately.

• 5 weeks later...

I had installed tailights from the stash since the kit ones were AWOL. However, now I have to use some closer to stock on account of the decals. So I started with a clear sprue which didn't work. the number tab on a tailight sprur donated something that will be useable.

IMG_2999.JPG

IMG_3000.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG