Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Monogram Firebird 1970.

happy grumpy

This is the re-issued  Monogram firebird under the Revell brand. I always liked the firebirds, every generation had their own appeal. The 1970 being in my very subjective opinion one of the best looking Firebird. A friend of my father's bought one brand new in 1970 i was 13 years old and every time he stopped by the house, I would drool over that car . I replicated the color on this model. Typical Monogram ease of assembly and detailing but once built, it gives a nice representation at least for display on a shelve. The only thing I had trouble with was the front piece. Not perfect but it turned out ok I guess.

Thanks for your time.

pontiac firebird 70 01.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 02.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 03.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 04.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 05.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 06.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 07.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 08.jpg

pontiac firebird 70 09.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Nice work
I have never  been a fan the firebirds i thought they were the ugly knock off camaro wannabes I have always preferred the Camaros of ever generation they have of them but recently I have grown to like the 3rd gen trans ams with t-tops and I love one particular custom black 82 trans am t-top and that is the one that talks and has a bunch of gadgets and modes  built in  an in most cases indestructible and can go 300 miles a hour in one of the modes and that trans am is the knight industries 2000 or KITT if you prefer 

Very nice factory stock build of this particular year T/A. I've owned 3 of these cars over the years but never a 1970. They look good in just about any color but the original white with blue stripes is classic. Yours is very well done and you did a good job on the front fascia, which isn't the best fit. And as always, your photo background is excellent.

On 10/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, Slotto said:

Tough looking bird! Nice one

On 10/2/2023 at 7:13 PM, Jim B said:

Nice looking Firebird. 

On 10/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, atomicholiday said:

Man that looks great!  I agree with you.  The ‘70 is one of the best Trans Ams.👍

On 10/2/2023 at 8:50 PM, michelle said:

Nice work
I have never  been a fan the firebirds i thought they were the ugly knock off camaro wannabes I have always preferred the Camaros of ever generation they have of them but recently I have grown to like the 3rd gen trans ams with t-tops and I love one particular custom black 82 trans am t-top and that is the one that talks and has a bunch of gadgets and modes  built in  an in most cases indestructible and can go 300 miles a hour in one of the modes and that trans am is the knight industries 2000 or KITT if you prefer 

On 10/2/2023 at 11:17 PM, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks great.  These were great kits.

On 10/3/2023 at 2:31 AM, Mittagskind said:

Really great looking build.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:27 AM, XYHARRY said:

Nice Firebird Mario. I have this kit in my stash and hope it turns out as nice as yours. Well done.

Cheers,

David. 😎👍

On 10/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, Yeah Nah said:

Nice work! Diorama setting is super cool too.

On 10/3/2023 at 12:10 PM, ncbuckeye67 said:

Wow, your backdrops are just as amazing as the builds are!

On 10/3/2023 at 12:36 PM, Hi-Po said:

That turned out really nice.  Good job.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:54 PM, espo said:

Like the showroom style finishes and trim. These were and still are one of the better-looking birds. 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:26 PM, karbuildr said:

Very nice factory stock build of this particular year T/A. I've owned 3 of these cars over the years but never a 1970. They look good in just about any color but the original white with blue stripes is classic. Yours is very well done and you did a good job on the front fascia, which isn't the best fit. And as always, your photo background is excellent.

14 hours ago, slusher said:

Very Sharp!

10 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Really nice-looking build. Great job.

5 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

2 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Really nice. Wish I did mine in white.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I appreciate it. 

Great job! As a kid was never a fan of firebirds. My cousin bought one , and when I drove it I fell in love. I had 2 of them and am presently looking for another. He still has his 1970 . I had a 1976 and a 1979. Great build sir and I. Really love those birds! 

• Thanks 1