Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz

Maindrian Pace

Hi Mike !

Thanks for your very kind words. I had no idea my blue Eldorado was a source of inspiration for your own version. You went full on with the details, with correct front seats ( I was lazy ), and the door locks ! wow !. :) For the rear grilles on mine, I simply copied and scale printed real ones from pictures. At that scale, it works very well IMO. Again, congrats for that beauty. Hope she had amazing feedbacks from the model car club members.

Edited by Jeffcad

20 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Now I want to build my ‘64 hard top! 😁

Steve

I fully support that idea. I've often thought about a phantom Fleetwood 2 door hardtop that never was, as all 2 doors were DeVilles. (I'm pretty sure)

19 hours ago, karbuildr said:

Absolutely amazing build. Just beautiful, especially the body color and off white interior. This belongs in a museum, it's that good.

Thanks David, high praise indeed. I was just discussing with a friend the future of the Model Car Museum in Utah, and how it's currently up in the air. If there is one thing this hobby needs, it's an established museum in an accessible place, possibly as a wing on an existing car museum.

14 hours ago, Jeffcad said:

Hi Mike !

Thanks for your very kind words. I had no idea my blue Eldorado was a source of inspiration for your own version. You went full on with the details, with correct front seats ( I was lazy ), and the door locks ! wow !. :) For the rear grilles on mine, I simply copied and scale printed real ones from pictures. At that scale, it works very well IMO. Again, congrats for that beauty. Hope she had amazing feedbacks from the model car club members.

Thanks Jean-Philippe, great idea on using the printer for the rear grilles. As for the meeting, it did quite well.

IMG_2295.thumb.jpeg.c50d97ceeb64fb9c7de3669b507e5e09.jpeg

I'm taking it and a couple of other cars to the IPMS show this Saturday, always a fun and informative show.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan Hay said:

Stunning! Thanks for the info on where you got the wheels. I've been looking for a wheel like that for years.

Thanks Dan. Those wheels were also used on the Monogram Ferrari Daytona Spyder kit, the Miami Vice car and later issues. The kit is actually of a Ferrari kit car, a Daytona body on a Corvette chassis. That may make the search easier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 12:17 AM, Ulbo said:

Great Great Job👍

On 11/6/2023 at 4:47 PM, athlon said:

Beautiful, love those old Caddy's, great detail work

On 11/18/2023 at 8:06 AM, ATHU said:

Looks fantastic!!

On 11/19/2023 at 8:58 PM, Steve H said:

Beautiful Caddy Mike! The paint is spectacular! Very nice job and a crisp, clean build all round.

Thanks very much gentlemen.