Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for one of these revell mustang models

michelle

• michelle changed the title to Looking for one of these mustang model kits
10 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

I have a MPC firefighter pro stock mustang Ii kit, it has this body style.

The kits above  has the cobra ll body mods and t-tops that I need for the project 
Plus the only way I like this era of mustang is with the cobra ll body mods otherwise it is just a pinto with a mustang front end but the cobra ll looks so much different all over and feels like a evolution of the 71-73 mustangs 

• Sad 1

• michelle changed the title to Looking for one of these revell mustang models
2 hours ago, MsDano85gt said:

It is a terrible kit to be honest, but it is the exact same kitnas the Monroe handler kit molded in yellow. Hope this helps?

This one has t-tops which the Monroe handler kit does not 

8 minutes ago, michelle said:

This one has t-tops which the Monroe handler kit does not 

Actually, yes, it does.

This pic is from Jay Clement's build thread.

image.png.1585492387b6cba1c09efee9a558ecba.png

There's also another release of the kit molded in white. There all exactly the same except for decals and the color of the plastic.

image.png.d228726a58bdbac7c6128200c8ff8fa9.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MsDano85gt said:

Yes, as stated, yes the Monroe kit does have t - tops it's the same kit only molded in yellow, actually came first  the hot rod version issue came later on as a re-issue

I was going by the box art and the Monroe handler box shows no t-tops but the hot rod magazine one does show t/tops 

57 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Actually, yes, it does.

This pic is from Jay Clement's build thread.

image.png.1585492387b6cba1c09efee9a558ecba.png

There's also another release of the kit molded in white. They’reall exactly the same except for decals and the color of the plastic.

image.png.d228726a58bdbac7c6128200c8ff8fa9.png

I need one of these  mainly cause  for the custom lower air dam and the t-tops which the animated car I am trying to make a real life version of has the only main changes I will have to make is a lower air splitter where the lower rear valance would be and only keep two of the slats of the rear window louvers 

Here's one on ebay with a make an offer auction. Throw $25 and see if they bite, most people familiar with these kits know they're not great and don't generally go for big money even though they're old.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276265717065?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=RZMyykT7TCi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=CNi_i6G9QKy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, Fat Brian said:

Here's one on ebay with a make an offer auction. Throw $25 and see if they bite, most people familiar with these kits know they're not great and don't generally go for big money even though they're old.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276265717065?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=RZMyykT7TCi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=CNi_i6G9QKy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Interesting that Revell described the engine as a 351 Cleveland. 🙃

2 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

As you probably know, Rex, the real car had a 400 horsepower Roush engine in it of 363 ci. , could have been based on the 351, I guess but it looks like a 305 to me.

I don't know if any of the 6 replicas that were made also had a Roush engine though.

image.png.730acd1b3bfb2d3ef46e998110aede52.png

The kit engine is really generic. In fact, the whole engine, chassis and interior is also used in their custom Monza and Pontiac Sunbird kits.

an article on a real one,,

https://mustangfanclub.com/mustang-ii-monroe-handler/

34 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Yeah, the engine, and really all of these kits, are pretty sad. Mine is getting a chassis swap and a better engine.

17 hours ago, MsDano85gt said:

It is a terrible kit to be honest, but it is the exact same kitnas the Monroe handler kit molded in yellow. Hope this helps?

So we're the 1:1 scale automobile. LOL !

I've got the Trojan Horse Mustang II kit. I'd love to grab the FireFighter one myself but not right away though. 

I'd love to get a couple of other MPC Mustang II kits:

Midnight Mustang

Mean Streak

I did both of them in my teen years and enjoyed building them.