Model Cars Magazine Forum

Challenger Kammback: a unique 1970 Dodge concept car... Inspired by Harry Bradley

Claude Thibodeau

Ah yes, another masterpiece from the house of Claude. Beautiful concept and execution, as others mentioned, the alignment of the hood and intake is impressive. One of those little things can make or break the overall look. You nailed it as always. Keep em coming sir, they’re always a treat. 

Steve

On 1/12/2024 at 8:33 AM, spencer1984 said:

Fantastic job on this, and I really like that hood treatment!

Thanks Bill!

The hood is NOT the one that came with the car, which had a squarish and smaller air intake opening. This one I found in the parts bin at a recent model show, and I assume it came from a HEMI Challenger. It's a Revell, because it fell right in place. It had four (4) hood pins that I sanded. Other than that...

CT

On 1/12/2024 at 10:06 AM, iamsuperdan said:

Really nice conversion!

I'm particularly impressed with how perfectly you lined up the hood and engine. Gaps look perfect!

Thanks Dan!

Actually, I glued the engine block to the chassis, so I would have a stable reference to scratchbuild the intake manifold, injector tubes and top "air box" in one unit, and center it precisely in the "shaker scoop" flared opening. The part, once chrome and paint was completed, was located and "adjusted" last. Voilà! 

CT

On 1/12/2024 at 12:58 PM, Bainford said:

Cool concept Claude, and fine execution. I see you sprung for nitrogen to inflate the tires.

Thanks Trevor!

Yup, no expenses spared! Actually, I do those valve stems on most of my street vehicles. Fun you noticed.

CT

CT

On 1/12/2024 at 1:04 PM, espo said:

Beautifully done body work and paint. This actually looks like something that would have made since at the time. Like the way you worked the intake through the hood and the stance. 

Thank you David! Harry Bradley inspired me: not a bad start!

CT