Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airfix Quick Build Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

ewetwo

They are generally pretty close to 1/24, but not always the same scale lengthwise as widthwise! That's because the "Lego-like" construction is actually Lego compatible, so the dimensions and spacing of the studs and sockets on the parts are fixed. Effectively, like on a real car, the shapes of the external surfaces are constrained by the "hard points" inside where the blocks lock together. So the width can be ten studs or eleven studs or 12 studs, but not 10.5. Ditto the length. IIRC the McLaren P1 was something like 1/26 in length but 1/22.5 wide. The designer has to choose the best-looking compromise that also allows for a sensible assembly (eg in my example, 10 studs or 12 studs wide makes sense, 11 not so much...). They look good, though, IMHO.

best,

M.

18 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I like those kits, have a few. How does it scale out??? thx

Hey Dave. Thank you. I'm not sure of the scale. I have built almost every QUICK BUILD they made. Nice afternoon projects. Getting harder to find.