Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Super Bee

bogger44

Here's my first completion of the new year.  Chose Hemi Orange for the color, it and the clearcoat are Model Master, polished out.  Going into the build I wanted it to resemble the period "day two" look as they say.  So, I raised up the rear a bit, slapped on some 5 slot mags and beefier tires (both from Iceman Collections) and different exhaust tips made from aluminum tubing.   I also tried, for the first time on a model,  giving it a bit of a mild weathered appearance underneath and in the engine bay using Tamiya weathering kits.  Really pleased with my first attempt at it and will add this to some future builds as well.  My only real gripe with the finished build is that during mock-ups I failed to realize the firewall was a bit wide and pushed the front fenders out a little.  Live and learn I guess, at least when it's on all fours you don't notice it.  Thanks for looking and any comments/questions.

2v2eW1sHvxAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1sbzxAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1sVUxAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1sp3xAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1ssUxAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1sY2xAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1skuxAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1Pu5xAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1sT3xAKN8F.jpg

2v2eW1swUxAKN8F.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

That is fandamntastic!!  Every now and then I will run across a model that takes me back to my high school days and the cars of my youth.  This is one of them!  Although none of us had one in this nice of a condition, we had the stance, the wheels and the tires!  Great model and thanks for the blast from the past!