Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1970 LT-1 Corvette

mustang1989

Excellent build - AMT tend to get their proportions right on their bodies but other things are sadly lacking, you did a great job of bringing the model up to scratch in all departments.  It takes a lot of work and test-fitting to get an outcome like the one you have achieved here.

• Like 1

It's about the level of detail and finish, and you've certainly achieved both with this build. Engine bay, interior and paint finish - it's all there. No small feat given the quirks of this kit. Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back. 💯

• 1 month later...

Hi Joe, I missed this one after you finished it. Turned out beautifully. The colour and stance are perfect. As always, your black interiors are just awesome. My current build has a black interior, and I am trying to use your black interiors as inspiration to avoid the “black void” look. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WOW!! Sorry I was so late in responding to all of the great and encouraging feedback fellas. I am truly humbled by all of the responses. Thank you all so very much.

Joe 

Edited by mustang1989

I would also like to add that this build is extremely impressive, especially considering how many months of work went into every last detail of it. The details, stance, and paint job are all just right. Seeing this model makes me want to buy one of these kits - are they still in production, or do they have to be bought aftermarket?