Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can't Find My Thread

I started a thread some time back on my Revell 66 Musta g Pro Street and can't find it.  I don't remember what I named it.  How can I find it?  Thanks.

Edited by Zippi

Click on your username in the upper right corner, then when that drops down click on "profile". When that opens click on "see my activity", on the far right in the bar next to your avatar. Then on the left, click on "topics" and scroll until you find it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• Zippi changed the title to Can't Find My Thread
25 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Click on your username in the upper right corner, then when that drops down click on "profile". When that opens click on "see my activity", on the far right in the bar next to your avatar. Then on the left, click on "topics" and scroll until you find it.

Thanks.  I didn't see it so I'm going to assume it was deleted.  

17 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Thanks.  I didn't see it so I'm going to assume it was deleted.  

Unless there was a very good reason (like trolling or bad language), I find it hard to believe that it was deleted.  Even then, threads aren't deleted, but made invisible or put in some section of the forum not accessible to regular users.

1 hour ago, peteski said:

Unless there was a very good reason (like trolling or bad language), I find it hard to believe that it was deleted.  Even then, threads aren't deleted, but made invisible or put in some section of the forum not accessible to regular users.

Thanks for the info.  I may not have started a thread and thought I did.

38 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

If there is no activity for l believe 365 days, it goes .. incognito...but not gone 

Interesting.  Then how do some users here find threads that are several years old and bring them back from the dead?

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I have threads going back to 2012 that are still visible.

That is, I believe, more than 365 days.

I just tried. If I go to the very last page of topics in this section it shows threads from 2006!

Edited by peteski
  • Thanks 1

you can set how far back it shows using the drop down menus at the top of the unread content page. it only doesn't show if you've read the threads previously or marked site as read. if you haven't looked at a thread since new content was added then it will still show up. on the other menu pages it still shows things in order of the most recent post to a thread.

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I have threads going back to 2012 that are still visible.

That is, I believe, more than 365 days.

Ok then...I based my statement on the fact I had to search out a couple of mine, and at top of the ....my content page ....it states this....

Screenshot_20240220-193458~2.png

Edited by 64SS350

29 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

Ok then...I based my statement on the fact I had to search out a couple of mine, and at top of the ....my content page ....it states this....

That's not the way the site works for me. My page doesn't have all those hot-hip-happnin' swoopy colorful things either.

Maybe it's dependent on what kind of device you use to access it. 

I only use laptops/desktops to access this site, and I checked before I posted earlier that I DO in fact have visible threads from 2012, including the very first post I ever made here.

But it's really not my problem.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy