Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-Han 70 Caddy

Modlbldr

Ah, the Seventies!

There was just no escaping the "Avocado Green"! :D 

Seriously though, that's a great looking interior! Nice detail work, I especially like the wood inserts. 

David G.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Making a bit of progress on this project this week. Been extremely busy the last few weeks and hasn't left much time. I did manage to get the front suspension lowered and installed but no pics.

Today I have been working on the BMF. Most of one side done. Just the window feames to do. But for now I have housework to get finished.

Later-

20240506_091836.jpg

20240506_100356.jpg

20240506_100933.jpg

20240507_105324.jpg

20240507_105602.jpg

• Like 2

Thanms fellas. The foil on this is taking quite a while. Worked another two hours on it last night during our club meeting. Got most of the drivwr's side done. Still needs the wheel arches done. Got it mocked up for ride height too. The body is sitting a bit too far back as evidenced by how the rear axle seems to be too far forward.

Later- 

20240509_204136.jpg

20240509_131338.jpg

20240509_131357.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Tom.

The front wheel looks like it's just about where it should be, at least from the photos above. In addition to the rear wheel being too far foreword, the back looks a bit high too.

Maybe an adjustment to the rear axle and suspension would be the thing to do?

Unless of course the one you're replicating had a rake like the one on the model.

David G.

56 minutes ago, David G. said:

Hi Tom.

The front wheel looks like it's just about where it should be, at least from the photos above. In addition to the rear wheel being too far foreword, the back looks a bit high too.

Maybe an adjustment to the rear axle and suspension would be the thing to do?

Unless of course the one you're replicating had a rake like the one on the model.

David G.

Thanks. The body is sitting a bit too far back but it is just loose on the frame. It sits where it needs to be once I hold it in place. The problem with the picture I took is that I had the body sitting where it should be and then decided to put the hood in place for the picture and it moved the body a bit. 

As far as the ride height, it is a bit of the same answer along with the fact that he said there was about two inches of clearance between the tires and rear fenders. The rear will sit a bit lower in the final mock up. 

Later-

6 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks. The body is sitting a bit too far back but it is just loose on the frame. It sits where it needs to be once I hold it in place. The problem with the picture I took is that I had the body sitting where it should be and then decided to put the hood in place for the picture and it moved the body a bit. 

As far as the ride height, it is a bit of the same answer along with the fact that he said there was about two inches of clearance between the tires and rear fenders. The rear will sit a bit lower in the final mock up. 

Later-

Ah, that makes sense. It's hard to get the whole picture ...just from pictures. :D 

I just thought I'd say something because sometimes we don't see what we're seeing when we see it.

If you see what I mean.

Cheers,

David G.

1 minute ago, David G. said:

Ah, that makes sense. It's hard to get the whole picture ...just from pictures. :D 

I just thought I'd say something because sometimes we don't see what we're seeing when we see it.

If you see what I mean.

Cheers,

David G.

Definitely! Any help is gladly accepted.

Later-

Posted (edited)

I remember when these came out and they were beautiful cars. What you have done has only enhanced that beautiful design. Love it.

I had intended this post for the Riviera WIP. Some how I screwed up and put it here.

Edited by bamadon

• 2 weeks later...