Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 38 Ford Panel

moparmike619

This was built almost 100% box stock from the Lindberg “1938 Custom Ford Van.” It was really a fun kit to put together, and outside of a little tweaking with the rear end/rear suspension to make it sit level, it pretty much fell together. Paint is Jeep code PPT “Bikini Pearl Coat” mixed by my local body shop on top with Testor’s Extreme Inca Gold on the bottom. Duplicolor 1K clear shot from a can was wet sanded to 12000 with Micro Mesh and then polished with rubbing compound. Craft paints were used for the interior pearl white and tan, and the interior accents and chassis were also painted the Jeep Bikini color. The only thing that wasn’t in the box (other than glue and paint) was the Ultracal chrome strip used to break the two tone. The last two pictures show how different the top color looks in natural light. I highly recommend this kit to anyone, it was a very fun build. 

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9693.jpeg

IMG_9692.jpeg

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9691.jpeg

IMG_9694.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

IMG_9697.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9687.jpeg

• Like 6

Beautiful looking paint work. Wouldn't think of combining these two colors until seeing it done here. Interesting looking chassis and well detailed as well. 

Thanks everyone!

@Yeah Nah that actually is how the kit is designed, but I agree it really cleans up the look underhood

@Paul Payne the chrome strip was actually a precut strip from a company called Ultracal. They sell sheets of various widths and they come in quite handy, adhere well and shine like a mirror

@espo they definitely aren’t traditional colors, but I figured it was worth a try and it turned out better than I hoped!

• Like 1