Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Young Builder from Ontario, Canada Returning to the Hobby

Hi Everyone!

I am a University student from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and I am getting back into building model cars.

I have been in and out of the hobby over the years, building a kit here and there, and over time I have amassed quite a large collection of kits. Recently I have gotten seriously interested in the hobby again and I plan to pursue it as more than just a casual interest and strive to be the best builder I can be. I have many plans for future builds and I'm extremely excited to get going again.

In terms of subject matter, I'm interested in a wide variety of things, but my main focus is American cars from the late 60s through the smog era, especially the smog era. I tend to gravitate towards the "non-sporty" trims of cars too, like the luxury and base models. I want to build both factory stock cars and period correct customs, and I want to do trim, model, and year conversions on various kits. I plan to do things like take a Chevelle SS and turn it into a Beaumont for example, or take a Nova SS and make it into a base model car, that sort of thing. I love doing custom work, kitbashing and cutting up bodies. 

I'm very glad I found this community, and I've already been exploring the many excellent builds you guys are posting up here. I hope to join you soon with my own posts. If you guys are interested, I also have an Instagram page I started recently where I post my work. It is called Malaise Models, and you can find a link to it below.

Anyway, I'll see you guys, cheers!

- Mike

Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/malaisemodels?igsh=ajI5bDd6bDBuMHhw

• Like 1

Welcome Michael. I believe we have many North American brothers here on the forum. We (like yourself) want also to indulge in this great hobby and create models for ourselves and others to enjoy. Looking forward to your builds.

• Like 1