Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 ford roadster

Bronzekeg

12 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Great looking Deuce Hi-Boy. This is maybe the first build I have seen of the most recent Roadster kit. What color is that exactly? I'd call it a bronzy gold !!

thanx Phil! the color is testors pure gold with a testors clear coat.

12 hours ago, 6bblbird said:

Whenever I see " bronzekeg" in the header, I just have to look. Never disappointed, your work is top notch. Your photos have a unique quality as well!

WF

thanks for the kind words Walter! 

12 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful paint color and finish. Great looking engine detailing and interior. Enjoyed watch your build, I haven't done a build of this nature in many years, but this has me thinking I've been missing out. 

thanks so much David! I don't build very many street rods myself.

Are those big "King Bee"-like headlights from the old Revell 3 Window coupe kit? I like the color &  finish ! How did you find the Testors Extreme laquer paint? Rattle can? Ive picked up a few of their colors at close outs of local hobby shops that sadly went under...have yet to try them. ( kind of stuck on Tamiya but wish they had more exotic colors. )  I know they claim the "Extreme" line of paint doesnt need undercoat or multiple coats....but question that. Ive also bought their "wet look" clear...wondering if youve used it.

13 hours ago, styromaniac said:

Are those big "King Bee"-like headlights from the old Revell 3 Window coupe kit? I like the color &  finish ! How did you find the Testors Extreme laquer paint? Rattle can? Ive picked up a few of their colors at close outs of local hobby shops that sadly went under...have yet to try them. ( kind of stuck on Tamiya but wish they had more exotic colors. )  I know they claim the "Extreme" line of paint doesnt need undercoat or multiple coats....but question that. Ive also bought their "wet look" clear...wondering if youve used it.

the headlights came from the 29 roadster kit as did the steering wheel. I have had good luck using testors paints rattle cans without using primers. this build has 2 nice even coats of color followed by 2 coats of wet look clear with good results. thank you for your questions and commenting Steve!

1 hour ago, Andrew McD said:

Really nice looking hot rod!  In fact your build inspired me to order this kit and yes I ordered two😁.

thanks Andrew! I bought another one. hehehehe............