Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 plymouth roadrunner.

sak

Day off so finished this MPC 1971 roadrunner. Winchester gray. Fireball wheels. Made the front wheels steer-able. Not a very enjoyable kit to build but I am happy with it.

20240422_182030.jpg

20240422_182112.jpg

20240422_182134.jpg

20240422_182006.jpg

• Like 17

who makes that winchester gray color? mcw has a gunmetal color in enamel that looks a lot like that color,i have 3 mpc 71 kits and thats one of the colors i will be using,your build came out awesome!

1 hour ago, Nicholas said:

who makes that winchester gray color? mcw has a gunmetal color in enamel that looks a lot like that color,i have 3 mpc 71 kits and thats one of the colors i will be using,your build came out awesome!

Appreciate the compliments. I have been buying my paint from " Scale-finishes".  I really like them and they are sold as base-coat or single stage. Have not tried the single stage yet.

The paint finish looks nice and smooth. The subtle color and lack of RR markings give it the sleeper look. Like the paint wheels and dog dishes the white letter Good Years are the only give away.