Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help a brother out

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand James2's plea.

First of all i don't understand how a full fledged member can help another newbie member to increase their post count.  It is up to the newbie to read existing threads/posts on this forum and comment on them,  or create their own new threads (therefore increasing their post count).

Second, it appears that Vette_lover2004 has left the building.  He has not visited here since February 10 (and it is now May 15).  Why did James2 posted his plea on May 5th when Vette_lover has not been visiting here for months.

Third, Vette_lover2004's post count (according to their profile) is already 48!  Way past moderation.

This whole thing makes absolutely no sense! Weird!

Edited by peteski

2 hours ago, James2 said:

Perhaps if you would do a little research you would be more informed... 

Yes, I've read that thread, but how is creating another going to help him reach his goal?

If anybody really wants to reach a goal of 25 posts, (which is laughably easy, I might add) all that they have to do is spend a few minutes perusing the board, get in on a few conversations, and bingo!....full fledged member!

If it's some sort of hardship for someone to reach 25 posts, they're not really serious about participating anyway.

Steve 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Yes, I've read that thread, but how is creating another going to help him reach his goal?

If anybody really wants to reach a goal of 25 posts, (which is laughably easy, I might add) all that they have to do is spend a few minutes perusing the board, get in on a few conversations, and bingo!....full fledged member!

If it's some sort of hardship for someone to reach 25 posts, they're not really serious about participating anyway.

Bingo.

And if he was at the indicated 48 posts under his avatar and was still under moderation, all he needed to do was contact a mod directly and ask to be cleared.

I've had to do that myself after having been given a "time out" and placed on "indefinite" post-moderation after I was allowed back in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James2 said:

Perhaps if you would do a little research you would be more informed... 

Did you comprehend what I wrote in my last post?

Well informed?  About what?  That new members are moderated for their first 25 posts?  I know that.

You are making me even more confused.  Vette_lover already had 48 posts to their credit (way over the moderation threshold), back in February, and he hasn't been around since February 15.  So even back in February Vette_lover was no longer moderated.

Now you come in now (on May 5th) asking for some unobtainable help in posting for the Vette_lover?  How the heck do you explain that?! :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Bingo.

And if he was at the indicated 48 posts under his avatar and was still under moderation, all he needed to do was contact a mod directly and ask to be cleared.

I've had to do that myself after having been given a "time out" and placed on "indefinite" post-moderation after I was allowed back in.

I think I'm probably already half way to 25 by just responding to this pair of silly threads!! :rolleyes:

Steve

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Bingo.

And there you have it. :)

I think this thread has run its course.