Model Cars Magazine Forum

"View New Posts"

I thought I'd briefly comment on how important "View New Posts" is to the MCM Forum experience. It allows me to review what's new without preselecting according to things like whether it's a truck model or a hot rod or a building technique, a completed build or a W.I.P., a rant or a rave, or the latest news about contests or the 1:1 world (or the beloved Real or Model B):rolleyes: ). It's all there in front of me summarizing what's happened since my last visit. It's the critical difference between the MCM forum and every other model car forum I visit. I'm convinced it's a key factor as to why many of us consider this forum superior to most.

What do you think? How do you first navigate when get here? Do you go to a specific forum or do you click on "View New Posts" like me?

I agree .I will usually start out on todays active topics and then view new posts as I check back in. I try other model forums but I just get overwhelmed trying to catch up ,besides except for a few random builds it's all here anyway . On a forum I visited recently it was all people I recognized from here same screen names and everything .on the other hand there are also a lot of smaller more specialized sites that are great and don't quite get the traffic so you can keep up.

I never use it asi just usually go where i want when a get home. Usually leave my computer on this site 24 hours a day so when ever i set down at it I can click on it and read what i want to read. As for any of thge other forums I belong to I might go to them once a week at the most.

I always use 'View New Posts' then later occasionally go to individual forums (New Releases, Resin, etc) to see past threads I might have missed previously that are of interest.

'View New Posts' is the most useful feature on the various forums (modeling, 1:1 cars, technology, etc) on the internet that I frequent.

Im with 99 G T , heck the day I build a Low Rider or a Nascar or anything " Bling " watch the ground kids , the lil red guy gonna come up an say Hy ya kids ! I have tractor tailer models but I don't build them . I spent too many years driving and serviceing them . I may at some point actually get round to doing one or two . I enjoy seeing several other peoples work on ALL levels though . Anyway , I have to go to work , I'll check in later ! Ed Shaver

I am a member of maybe 8 - 10 forums. Most are the same php BB forum software as MCM uses and contain that link. Nearly all forum software has some sort of "sort by date" link which can show only the active threads. It is really the only way to see what is going on.

Just browsing one section is like a horse wearing blinders! The viewer can miss out on a lot of cool posts and neat build threads. Heck I even browse the FLOM forum and that one is all in french! (Those guys are good!)

But that said, if the other sections don't contain anything of interest then I understand the sticking to one forum section. I do that over on Slot Forum where most of the posts are about little 1/32 slot cars and it is nauseously the same ###### over and over and over. Sometimes I will check the Scratch-building section but it is the Thingie section that really interests me, however I digress....

It all comes down to what the viewer/member wants out of the forum and there are options here for all modelers and enough leeway to post most any type of model. Izzy has posted a helicopter for heavens sake. :D

Honestly,I've never used it. I only visit the parts of the forum that interest me. I usually go to the general section first and work my way down.

Same here...but I was aware of the link based on coversations with Bernard about his viewing style...

....but I don't think I need it to view the BEST forum :):)

I have to agree with Mike on this one. I've visited several other forums, but when time is tight, as it usually is for me, this is the only forum I visit on a regular basis. Thanks, Gregg!!

Later,

I've never really cared for View New Posts. Usually I just go into the sub-forums I mainly frequent, find the threads that interest me, and click the "new posts" button (unless it's a new thread).

Edit: After trying out the deal, I may actually use it if I've been away from the computer for a long time, seems better than my other system! :lol:

Edited by YJIslander