Model Cars Magazine Forum

community muscle car build anyone ?

diymirage

i think the lil red express is taking it a little to far

the two "trucks" i allowed are a el camino and a ranchero, both of which are kinda in between a car and a truck (almost like an open fastback)

the little red express is a fullblown truck so id rather not have it in here

Yes but it's a muscle truck running a 360 police engine and 4 spd.

Ok here is my first update on the 70 super bee. Well I've changed plans alittle bit. Well I put a HUGH gash in the roof with windows from a caddie and I was mad!! Than I tryed making a vinal top and screwed that up, so I just desided to chop the top completely off. I am using wheels off a dicast that I've been wanting to use on something for awhile. The rear end will probly be up a little higher and the front a little lower but you gett the idea!! I'm debateing on painting it black or charcol grey (same color I did the apocolypse in) with a red strip around the rear. I desided to ditch the 440 for someting a little more moderen, a 6.1 L HEMI from a magnum! :) I also have to tub it a bit beacuse of the rear wheels. So here are the pics!!

Thanks for lookin.

:D

that hemi is putting the super back in superbee

are you going to lift it a little bit (it seems to sit to low in the engine compartment)

i like the idea of the ragtop too :(

do you have a booth yet or will that be scratchbuild ?

Yes but it's a muscle truck running a 360 police engine and 4 spd.

i dont have aything against you or your builds or the lil red express

but it does seem to be outside of the parameters we set for this build

plus, it wouldnt be fair to destructo i i wouldnt let him build his impala but i would let you build this truck

:D

that hemi is putting the super back in superbee

are you going to lift it a little bit (it seems to sit to low in the engine compartment)

i like the idea of the ragtop too :(

do you have a booth yet or will that be scratchbuild ?

Yea the oil pan wasn't on it and the sub frame was sitting on the ground when I took the pics so the engine will sit higher. And the convertible boot will be scratch built because I'm going for something more moderen, since everything else is!! :)

alright so i took the stang out of the box to start it.

i got the engine block put together relatively minimally, and got plug wires installed.

did i mention i hate models where the whole engine including the oil pan is molded in two pieces instead of having a separate oil pan? :o

anyways i did what i could with it, and here's where i stand at this time:

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

hey guys

i was thinking we should do a community muscle car build

i took a minute to look at what wiki calls a muscle car :

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles. At its most widely accepted the term refers to American 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars of the late 1960s and early 1970s equipped with large, powerful V8s and sold at an affordable price for street use and drag racing, formally and informally.

so these are the parameters i want to set

if you want to join, please limit your model to a car that fits the following:

1 it has to be an american car build between 1960 and 1980

2 it has to be a 2 door

3 it has to have testicular fortitude, this can be a factory hemi or a build 350 or even a turbo charged slant 6

4 it has to be street legal, that means i want to see licenseplates people :o

we will ad a due date later

i would like to say we use new kits or barely started kits

i for one will be building a 1971 hemi cuda which i have build the engine of and havent touch since

other then that i would say have fun, build a car like it just rolled of the lot or like it rolled off a hill onto the track

here are a few picture of what this could be

first of, the enige i will use in the cuda

IMG00030-20091130-1657.jpg

IMG00031-20091130-1657.jpg

junker camaro with a build engine

IMG00194-20090606-1223.jpg

maybe a nice plymouth ?

IMG00097-20090809-0849.jpg

or a custom challenger ?

IMG00093-20090808-2203.jpg

or maybe even a factory fresh hemi cuda :D

HPIM0133.jpg

or who knows, a 70s challenger with a 427 hemi swapped in

IMG00051-20081224-1227.jpg

i guess if you'd really want to you could enter a ford or even a chevy in this

id love to see a nice AMX in here

oh, one more thing, lets try to keep all the WIP in this one thread so we dont flood the forum

so lets hear it who is in ?

here is the list:

01 diymirage: 1971 plymouth hemi 'cuda

02 wgflatliner: 1970 ford mustang boss 429

03 85firebird: ford talledega

04 porky : 1964 cutlass F-85

05 moonlit5hadow: 1979 chevy camaro 427TT

06 ken#5fan: 1969 yenko camaro

07 captain obvious: 1964 ford fairlane

08 lownslow: 1970 dodge challenger

09 bowtiebadboy333: 1970 dodge superbee

10 modellpularn: 1969½ plymouth Road Runner

11 charlie8575: 1966 pontiac GTO

12 ponyxpres:1976 ford mustang

13 thatoneemokid: 1979 chevy elcamino

14 kyledr330: 1969 dodge superbee

15 chevy70739: 1962 chevy belle air

16 bruno: 1969 AMC AMX

17 ron hamilton: 1964 plymouth fury

18 NJ wayne: 1964 pontiac GTO

19 beefheart22: 1978 pontiac firebird 403

20 ryan S: 1970 chevy chevelle

21 plasticfrog: 1969-71 oldsmoblie chevellontearo

22 MSUfan1981: 1969 pontiac GTO

23 brian fishburn: 1967 mercury cyclone

24 remingtonbox: 1962 corvette C1

25 jason vandergriff: 1969 chevrolet corvair

26 coolcar429: 1970 dodge challenger R/T

can i join? i got a AAR cuda

Nice work on the Challenger!

I did some work too on the AMX, chassis is almost completed, engine is in and I fabricated the exhaust (decided not to use the side pipes). This is almost a parts box build. The other chassis you see in the pics is the kits all molded in chassis.

60bd073f1b.jpg

d5c34700f3.jpg

Edited by Bruno

Nice work on the Challenger!

I did some work too on the AMX, chassis is almost completed, engine is in and I fabricated the exhaust (decided not to use the side pipes). This is almost a parts box build. The other chassis you see in the pics is the kits all molded in chassis.

60bd073f1b.jpg

d5c34700f3.jpg

:lol:

That AMX is coming out great! The bronze is a nice color choice.

As for myself....everything is now primed. Today we have reasonably nice weather for December (feels like about 48-50 and DRY!) so I decided to get my parts primed and ready to paint. The interior will be getting a little touch-up and the dash repainted. I'll probably be doing this via airbrush to make life easier.

Other plans include doing the chassis and other small parts in their respective colors. I'm still trying to settle on an exterior color.

As to completion....I may be moving in the next month, so things may need to be back-burnered temporarily. In that respect, I'm really glad we ended up getting a June completion, I may need it for reasons other than weather.

Charlie Larkin

sweet, ill ad you to the list :)

keep us posted

that would definatly work IF it is not fully put together yet

(its a build afterall)

Its a total rebuild of one I built a few years back. The paint has been stripped, and the motor, chassis and interior are getting refurbished. If not, I have a '64 Comet geting the Thunderbolt/ twin cam treatment.

Its a total rebuild of one I built a few years back. The paint has been stripped, and the motor, chassis and interior are getting refurbished. If not, I have a '64 Comet geting the Thunderbolt/ twin cam treatment.

sounds like it will need plenty of building

ill ad you to the list :)

A lot of the parts I needed s/g black are painted; the dash is ready to go except for the wood-grain and sem-gloss black trim area.

I just realized I forgot to paint the grab-handle. I'll take care of that in tomorrow. I'll also see about getting some of the detail painting done.

I'll need to get some semi-gloss and flat finish to put over the interior parts, as well.

At some point, I'll have the ability to get some pictures taken, or if need be, run off the last couple of shots I have one of the 35mm and load the CD pictures.

Charlie Larkin