Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Updates

Guys, and Bill in particular, there are updates/upgrades being done to the forum now.

If you see any problems, pour another egg nog, and check back in a short while

Merry Christmas to everyone, and to all a good night!

Or something like that

The new forum is up and running

Just in time for Christmas, well, here anyway

I know a lot of you are going to say "what did you do!", but it will be better, I promise

Thanks to Jason at Invision for all his long hours of work on this upgrade

The new look is kinda cool, but is a little confusing to me at the same time right now. The only problem I'm having is I can't see what I'm typing WHILE I'm typing. So if this doesn't look right it's because I couldn't see what I was typing. I don't know if it's a problem with the forum right now or if it's my computer.

The only problem I'm having is I can't see what I'm typing WHILE I'm typing.

Hmmm...........you might want to check your keyboard settings James. Which browser are you using? I'm on Firefox and haven't had any troubles.

Interestingly, I still can't add anything to my signature..........maybe that bug hasn't been worked out yet. :lol: Other than that, this new look is FANTASTIC! :lol:

Hmmm...........you might want to check your keyboard settings James. Which browser are you using? I'm on Firefox and haven't had any troubles.

Interestingly, I still can't add anything to my signature..........maybe that bug hasn't been worked out yet. :lol: Other than that, this new look is FANTASTIC! :lol:

I have no idea what browser I'm using, I'm a little computer illiterate when it comes to some things. The font thingis over the post area which is why I can't see what I'm typing. If I knew how to do a screen shot I would and post up what I''m talking about.

Hold your CRTL button down while moving your mouse wheel back and forth. This will enlarge or shrink the print on your page..............works with either Firefox or IE. Also at the very top of your screen it will tell you which browser you're using............either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. ;)

If you're OS is Vista, it has a cool little feature called "Snipping Tool". Hit Start>Accessories>Snipping Tool.

You can do a screen shot with that for whatever section you want to save. Trouble is you'll have to save the pic as a .JPG file and then have it hosted through Fotki or Photobucket. You could also run it through the boards pic file attachment if the file size isn't too big.

Hope this helps!

Hold your CRTL button down while moving your mouse wheel back and forth. This will enlarge or shrink the print on your page..............works with either Firefox or IE. Also at the very top of your screen it will tell you which browser you're using............either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. ;)

If you're OS is Vista, it has a cool little feature called "Snipping Tool". Hit Start>Accessories>Snipping Tool.

You can do a screen shot with that for whatever section you want to save. Trouble is you'll have to save the pic as a .JPG file and then have it hosted through Fotki or Photobucket. You could also run it through the boards pic file attachment if the file size isn't too big.

Hope this helps!

I am using IE. As far as the screenshot, I still can't figure it out. :o

Edited by grimreaper

The new forum is up and running

Just in time for Christmas, well, here anyway

I know a lot of you are going to say "what did you do!", but it will be better, I promise

Thanks to Jason at Invision for all his long hours of work on this upgrade

;):o Hey Greg,

What a great upgrade to our forum!!!It looks fantastic and I will be spending some time today looking it over.My wife has to work today and I am off.

I am a member of another forum that upgraded? several weeks ago and it is terrible.I can tell someone spent a lot of time and effort on this and it shows!!!

This is so nice,that,as soon as the first rolls around,I an going to subscribe to the mag.I used to buy it at Model Mania here in Asheville,NC but the guy moved up north.The only other LHS is struggling and this christmas may be a make or break time.

Sorry for the ramble,but,I am bored today and probably go work on my builds.

Ok, Here I go1 Let's see if I,Yep, i can see wat I'm typeing, But it still ain't gonna change HOW I type(lousy)

I'm too used to the old forum, hope it don't take as long to learn it, as it did to post pics! Thanks for the heads up Gregg, I was begining ta think i was gonna be bummed out!!! Oh an MERRY CHRISTMAS you guys!!!!!!!! :o;)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

James, though I am also a computer dummy, maybe I can help us?

Click on the big round Microsoft logo on the lower left.

Notice the bottom of the list, it says "All Programs"

Click on that.

Go up the list until you see "Accessories"

Click on it.

Now you should see "Snipping Tool"

OK, wait... I have to go eat breakfast! ;)

Sorry 'bout that! Had to leave for breakfast!

Thick sliced bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and home fries!

YUM! All provided by Mrs. Claus

OK grim, lets get back to the tuitorial...

I just tried the "Snipping" feature for the first time. Then I saved it, and then... uploaded it to my photo host site (Fotki)

Lets see if it works...

Capture1225test-vi.png

Hope this works. BTW, I'm not sure if "Snipping" is a Microsoft Windows7 feature only... that is my current op sys.

A BIG thumbs up to Bill Geary! I was wondering how to do a "Screen capture"! my new laptop doesn't have the keyboard button I used to use for the same thing.

Edited by Spyder

Looking very good! I was frantic waking up this morning until I saw the "View New Content" option to the right .. old familiar return on that! ;)

What really amazed me was all the links I saved to my old posts WORK!!!

Now, if George manages to post this morning we have a hit .. EVERYONE can! ;):P

Fantastic job! :o

Edited by Foxer