Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Thunderbird '62

Eero

This is a model made to represent 1:1 car that I had once.

I built this model out of AMT kit. I took that roof from some old 1961 Thunderbird kit. Tires came from Replicas&Miniatures and those photoetched parts from Model Car Garage.

tb6201.jpg

tb6202.jpg

tb6203.jpg

tb6204.jpg

tb6205.jpg

WOW! I'm speechless ~ that is a bad (cuss word) build... the detail is simply amazing! It's inspirational to see a model looking so good, makes me want to keep building so I can be (almost) as good B) I'm working on a '66 bird at the moment, just about finished. The antenna you have there gives this one a sense of realism, a nice touch to an already perfect model. Was thinking about putting one on mine but I'm a little nervous on screwing it up... got any tips?

Thank you all!

Maybe I dare to show you some other builds as well...

Some answers:

Yes, those bumber bolts are pin heads.

I bought this 1:1 car from Finland, but It was imported by some other guy at 90's from States. (And it was hard to sell it, at least now I have this model...)

I don't any particular tip for tha antenna, I used very thin steel wire and some pieces of polystyrene.

I don't have any good shot from the interior, but at this picture you can see something. There you also have a bit better view of engine.

tb6208.jpg

This is the real thing. Tried to represent it as well as possible.

tb6209.jpg

Thank you all!

Maybe I dare to show you some other builds as well...

Some answers:

Yes, those bumber bolts are pin heads.

I bought this 1:1 car from Finland, but It was imported by some other guy at 90's from States. (And it was hard to sell it, at least now I have this model...)

I don't any particular tip for tha antenna, I used very thin steel wire and some pieces of polystyrene.

I don't have any good shot from the interior, but at this picture you can see something. There you also have a bit better view of engine.

tb6208.jpg

This is the real thing. Tried to represent it as well as possible.

tb6209.jpg

alllright, you are giving us a bad time right? this is the same car as in the first pics, but with a photo shopped background, you aren't gonna fool all of us! :P;)

It's nice to see how well the design of these old birds stand up to the test of time. No customization necessary on this one. It looks great right from the factory. Your building skills do an excellent job of putting this car on display. Great attention to detail and especially to realism. How did you come up with the yellow paint to match your 1:1 car?