Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fall 2010 Releases from Revell

It's a lot easier to add a second set of wheels/tires and some decals than it is to tool up an all new car... My guess is that's all the '02 Camaro 2n1 will be, but I could be wrong.

Probably the same as the Motor City Muscle version from a few years ago w/ new box art. That release had a set of aftermarket wheels and tires. I do wish they would tool up a new '10 Camaro SS rather than reissuing the same old, same old...I would think a new kit could sell quite well...they have done the Challenger and will be doing the '10 Mustang GT (though they should do the '11 instead).

...and will be doing the '10 Mustang GT (though they should do the '11 instead).

After seeing their nice S197 Mustang series (GT, GT500, GTH, Bullitt), I have a feeling they'll go ahead with the 2010 Mustang, then tool up a new Coyote engine and slap a 5.0 badge on the body and release a 2011 or 2012 Mustang, then we'll have both.

Definitely, especially given the fact that the '10 Mustang is going to be an all-new tool. As we know by now, Revell wouldn't have invested the money unless it could squeeze out at least a couple more versions.

I don't have any "insider knowledge," but, I fully expect to see a full-detail kit of the new Camaro from Revell, too. It's just too obvious a subject for them NOT to do. I sure hope they do, because I wanna build one in that GORGEOUS green I've seen several of the 1:1 cars painted in lately! :huh:

Synergy Green, the Mountain Dew color? There is one at work in that color, along w/ a yellow w/ black stripes one and 2 black ones...

Edited by Rob Hall

Upon visiting my LHS last night, I also noticed that the Roth Outlaw, which was scheduled to be released this month, didn't make it. The '66 Mustang wasn't scheduled to be released until next month, so, my guess is, Revell simply swapped the two.

Yep, that's what happened -

June

1:25 '69 Mustang Cobra Jet

1:24 Ferrari California

1:24 '66 Shelby Mustang

July

1:25 Viper SRT10 ACR

1:24 VW Samba Bus

1:25 Ed Roth Outlaw

I should have made a note of that in my original post. My bad, they were noted on the sheet from Revell. These were the only car models that were rescheduled, if anything changes on the next one I'll highlight it.

Does anyone know if anything has been changed in the '69 Mustang? I know that kit had some issues.

i'm looking forward to the '69 Mustang kit coming back. built one a long time ago and it's one of those that's lost, not sure where it went. i seem to remember there being some issue with the headlights, not with fit but with how they look.

Dave

It's the shaping of the headlight buckets and the top ends of the front fenders...in 1:1, they angle back from the grille towards the sides in the horizontal plane, but stay relatively flat relative to the hood in the vertical plane, but on this Revell body they angle back and slope downward...so when viewed head on, it looks odd.

Edited by Rob Hall

About the '66 Shelby GT350 (I see it and the '69 Mustang are out now), I don't recall R-M previously doing a regular '66...I remember the original Monogram '65 white w/ blue stripes Shelby kit (built that one back in the day), the '66 GT350H thats been reissued several times (have a couple of those), and the GT350R race car (ditto). But I don't recall a regular '66 Shelby...

Edited by Rob Hall

Why are they rehashing the 02 Camaro? Seems to me there would be more interest in the current street version. They did the show car, but no one has done a street version yet, and there ARE diffrences. Few, yes, but nonetheless....

Maybe even the "Bumblebee" edition!?!?

• 4 weeks later...

Synergy Green, the Mountain Dew color? There is one at work in that color, along w/ a yellow w/ black stripes one and 2 black ones...

Several months ago there was one running around the metro Phoenix area ~~ after SEMA ~~ according to various sitings by club members. After I saw it, I checked the factory data and found that vibrant green was not an available color. Turns out the car we were seeing around town was the SEMA prototype, obtained by a local enthusiast after the tradeshow.

We had a discussion about it at a club meeting, and I confidently announced it was not an available color and cited my research. That must have been about 15 minutes after GM started pumping out Synergy Green as a mid-year option because virtually the next day we all began seeing several of them!

SO MUCH for yet another attempt to know what I'm talking about!

Several months ago there was one running around the metro Phoenix area ~~ after SEMA ~~ according to various sitings by club members. After I saw it, I checked the factory data and found that vibrant green was not an available color. Turns out the car we were seeing around town was the SEMA prototype, obtained by a local enthusiast after the tradeshow.

We had a discussion about it at a club meeting, and I confidently announced it was not an available color and cited my research. That must have been about 15 minutes after GM started pumping out Synergy Green as a mid-year option because virtually the next day we all began seeing several of them!

SO MUCH for yet another attempt to know what I'm talking about!

Interesting...my understanding about Synergy Green is for '10 it's only available on the V6 LT model, but for '11 it will be available on the V8 SS also..

I saw another Synergy Green one yesterday, don't know if it's the same one from work or not..drove by the local Chevy store on Camelback, they have at least 4 Camaros on the lot--white, bright red, black, and orange w/ black stripes.

About the '66 Shelby GT350 (I see it and the '69 Mustang are out now), I don't recall R-M previously doing a regular '66...I remember the original Monogram '65 white w/ blue stripes Shelby kit (built that one back in the day), the '66 GT350H thats been reissued several times (have a couple of those), and the GT350R race car (ditto). But I don't recall a regular '66 Shelby...

Hey, Rob

Revell did do a 66 GT350 just before it was redone as a GT350H. Here is the box art. I'm glad they now have the decals now in white stock configuration.

66ShelbyGT350.jpg

Raoul

..drove by the local Chevy store on Camelback...

I knew it was dry and hot out there in AZ, but not that bad!!! :lol::o

I know Eric beat me to the punch, but I just couldn't help myself! :blink:

Interesting...my understanding about Synergy Green is for '10 it's only available on the V6 LT model, but for '11 it will be available on the V8 SS also..

I saw another Synergy Green one yesterday, don't know if it's the same one from work or not..drove by the local Chevy store on Camelback, they have at least 4 Camaros on the lot--white, bright red, black, and orange w/ black stripes.

Midway Chevrolet on Bell Road had a Synergy Green one on the lot ... for a VERY short time.

I understand Chevy can't build them (all colors) fast enough; too much demand.

As far as the Green Camaro's go, my borther stopped and looked at one here in town but the dealer would not deal on the 2 they had and they did not want to try and order him one (with-out sun roof). So he went out of state and they told him they could not order one either but they would check other dealers to see if they could find him one. This was a PA dealer and they went to North Carolina to get him one. He loves it, gets alot of attention. I myself thin the color makes the car.

He is a pic of my Challenger and his Camaro. They stop traffic when parked at his house when I visit.

DSC00225.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Markus355

Im really liking what im seeing in the september/october months. esp the 59 caddy, the funnie's and the 59 ford. also curious as to what versions will be buildable of the 02 camaro...stock/drag? stock/pro touring? stock/road racer?

Im really liking what im seeing in the september/october months. esp the 59 caddy, the funnie's and the 59 ford. also curious as to what versions will be buildable of the 02 camaro...stock/drag? stock/pro touring? stock/road racer?

I'm sure the Camaro kit will just be the plain kit with your choice of stock wheels or custom wheels.....much like the '02 firebird kit...

Edited by Harlow