Model Cars Magazine Forum

'48 Chevy........sassy grass green

bluemoose

WOW, now that is one fine lookin 48 Chevy Tom. Great job on it. Love the color. I have the car and the sedan delivery to build one of these days. I hope that mine looks half as good as your's does. Dan

P.S. What did you do to get it to set down? I like the way it sets.

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

P.S. What did you do to get it to set down? I like the way it sets.

Thnaks Dan, I can't remember this part of the build, but looking at the suspension, I think I just mounted the spindles upside down. The rear is probably just stock ride height.

Another immaculate OOB build. You really have this down. And you always select the right kits for your style. I really must get myself this kit. It demands to be built out-of-the-box because it's so beautifully engineered and executed. You really did it justice! Thanx (as always) for sharing your talent with us.cool.gifsmile.gif And I actually like the green - it's appropriate for the era and style of the car.

Edited by gbk1

Your photo skills are just as good as your modeling skills! And they are both far better than any of my skills... but I do make a good pot of coffee. So much to learn :D Thanks for posting such an inspiration, it's an incredible job that makes you say "WOW"

Was that kit good or bad?

Thanks W-409! I think it's an excellent kit. The engineering is different than any kit I've built before or since, which I found refreshing. Only disappointment was the lack of three dimensional side trim moldings.

• 3 years later...