Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Star Of India" 1934 Rolls Royce

John Teresi

Hello.......this is my version of the: "Star Of India" 1934 Rolls Royce........I started with the Revell 1/16 Rolls Royce 1934 Phantom 2 Continental........I modified the lower half of the body and fenders......the major difference of my version is that mine is a 2 door and the Star is a 4 door.......but I think it came out close.......paint is a custom mix of Dupont pumpkin and H.O.K. sunset pearl.......interior color is a custom mix of Tamiya dessert yellow and Tamiya orange.......flocking......hand painted wood grain......Pro Tech detail wire and spark plug wire.......a lot of modifications to this build and scratch built parts.......body painted alclad.......if you would like to see how I built this ......look in the "Big Boy`s' section......I will post another set of photos with the top up........thank`s for looking.

Star_of_India_Rolls_Royce-1.jpg

DSCF5476.jpg

DSCF5443-1.jpg

DSCF5464.jpg

DSCF5460-2.jpg

DSCF5454.jpg

DSCF5508.jpg

DSCF5438-2.jpg

DSCF5487.jpg

DSCF5482.jpg

REAL OR MODEL :)

I should say: Real! This is very very good looking build, John! It's always very nice to see your builds here, this one is awesome, as always. That Alcad work looks super, how did you make it? It's very good looking! Paintjob otherwise too looks very very good and engine detailing is very great too, amazing I would say. That's just very beautiful model all the way, thank you fors sharing this one!!!

Your work is always very great, it would be very cool to get that kind of building talents some day... I like your builds very much!

REAL OR MODEL.......certainly difficult to tell.....typical amazing build that you routinely turn out. I am very impressed with the look of the brushed stainless (whatever it is) bare metal. Great looking build. ;)

Yes a fantastic model, I thought they were the real thing as well!

Peter, some of those Indian Rolls Royces(never call it a Roller B) )would have had real silver panels on them. The Maharaja of a state had such vast wealth in a poor country they tried to out do each other in oppulence. What we might called 'Blinged up' these days.

There is a RR story that one Maharaja had a fleet of Rolls Royces, one broke down so he had them all converted into dust carts(trash dumpsters?)then bought a fleet of Daimlers as that was the car the English Royal family favoured at that time.

John

Let me put some shades on. B) There, Much better! That car is one sure fire winner! I would say Real myself. The Chromed/Alclad'd Fenders, engine detail, the attention to detail paid to every li'l thing including the body is jus' remarkable and perfect! Great work and Top Notch Craftsmanship! B)