Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is your dream model kit?

This might sound crazy to U guys but the dream kit I would like is any kit I can afford to buy. But if I had to be real about it I guess it would be any Aussie muscle car from the Iconic Ford Falcon GT and GTHO to the Holden Torana GTR and XU1, along with the Valiant Charger R/T 6 pack and the Holden Monaro GTS 350. That about covers it.

Dingo ;)

How about a few orphans? Say a '56 Golden Hawk (the one with the 352 from the Clipper), 1955-'56 Packard (Caribbean or 400), any mid to late sixties AMC (I'd love to see a Javelin or AMX or a Marlin), 1969 Continental Mark III, 1983- '86 Thunderbird, a Mark VII.......

Full Detail DeTomaso Pantera

Full Detail Masarati Birdcage

Full Detail 289 FIA Roadster

And, depending on where the upcoming release of the Acadamy Daytona Coupe goes, one of those too... I, too, have the Gunze kit and plan on getting the HRM details for it but would like a full detail one for much less if it comes out. Will still probably get the HRM stuff.

I would like to se a 1/25 scale Tucker Torpedo. I know I'm the only one, which explains why we don't have one yet. :P:lol:

Shhh... you can't mention that car the big three will get you.

---

I would like to see an E30 325is bmw. It's in between the i and the M3 basically it's just a lower powered version of the M3 with most of the goodies. Many BMW enthusiasts even say the "is" at that time had better suspension balance than the M3 and was more reliable.

28507490015_large.jpg

'57 Buick Special or Century two door hardtop.

With Skylark wire wheels, please, and I don't need no super-detailed chassis separate floor pan, frame and suspension. Just gimme a nice interior, ACCURATE body, and a chassis that'll yield the right ride height and track width right out of the box, with four screws and two wire axles.

Heck make it a Snap-Kit!

All I want to do is build this...

JackJames57BuickPotter02-vi.jpg

John makes a very interesting proposition here, and it's one I'd be willing to get on-board with.

If we had more nice, Craftsman/Junior-series style kits with well-detailed chassis plates, correct bodies and interiors and simple, easy assembly, I'd be completely on-board with it, especially if it helped bring about the release of kits that might sell, but not well-enough to justify a full-detail kit. The tooling costs will be much lower, and they can concentrate on getting what most people see, and care about, right.

Charlie Larkin

• 1 month later...

A well detailed, properly proportioned, well-equipped, long-bed mid-80's Chevrolet Fleetside pickup. I think Revell is the company that could pull this off. I'm impressed by their modern tools. Their chrome plating looks great, molding is clean and crisp. Come on Revell, bring us an 80's Chevy pickup.....

Mike

trucks003.jpg